[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We need to build a wall, and who's going to pay for it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: hadrian.jpg (363 KB, 806x1024) Image search: [Google]
hadrian.jpg
363 KB, 806x1024
We need to build a wall, and who's going to pay for it?
>>
>>900169
people who pay tolls to get through the wall
>>
>>900169
Initially a combination of Roman tax payers and Hadrian's personal fortune, which is offset over time by merchants paying tolls!
>>
The pecuniam of the emperor.
>>
>>900295
>which is offset over time by merchants paying tolls
I don't think the merchants travelling between the Picts and Roman Britain would have ever been enough to pay for that wall.
>>
>>900601
It would only have to pay for enough of a percentage of the Roman tax payer portion to be a justifiable military expense
>>
File: absolutely_barbaric.jpg (174 KB, 610x556) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_barbaric.jpg
174 KB, 610x556
>tfw Hadrian is one of the most interesting emperors in Roman history but the only thing he is ever remembered for is a meme wall on the edge of the world he actually didn't give that much of a shit about
>>
File: Fuck this Hannibal shit Scipio.png (331 KB, 635x457) Image search: [Google]
Fuck this Hannibal shit Scipio.png
331 KB, 635x457
>>900650
>mfw named after him and people always think it's after the wall or my name is Adrian
>>
>>900670
>tfw always planned on naming my kid Hadrian

You are now my son and no matter what anybody else says be proud of your name. I'm proud of you.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.