[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people who try to justify bad actions by claiming they were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1416020865598.jpg (87 KB, 648x880) Image search: [Google]
1416020865598.jpg
87 KB, 648x880
>people who try to justify bad actions by claiming they were in a bad situation/mood/whatever

Is there anything more revealing of man's inner weakness than this? I'm not talking about shit like "I killed a guy but only because my life was threatened" either.
>>
File: portr-maureliusonhorse.jpg (61 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
portr-maureliusonhorse.jpg
61 KB, 1200x1600
I agree.
>>
>>899207
It's not weakness. It has nothing to do with "strength", but with ethics, and morals. They're not being "weak"; they're being how they are.
>>
>>899212
"How they are" is weak and unmanly.
>>
>>899212
But often they agree that what they did was wrong, but they try to justify it with the circumstances.

Don't be bad because you're in a bad situation.
Be good despite being in a bad situation.
>>
>>899207
What about pscyhosis? Mental illness because of tumor in your brain?

Still weakness?
>>
>>899219
We are talking about the majority, not the exceptions.

Besides, a person who does bad and thinks it's good is better than a person who does bad and knows it's bad.
>>
What about people who try to justify the end by the means
>>
>>899228
I would say the opposite is true.

A man who kills and thinks he is doing good is more like to continue doing so than a man who kills and knows he is doing wrong.
>>
>>899207
>buttmad woman that got beat by her bf detected
Your fault
>>
>>899216
>But often they agree that what they did was wrong, but they try to justify it with the circumstances.

Obviously, they're not "agreeing to it being wrong"; they're trying to rationalize it in "socially acceptable terms" for the others who are not like them. They're hypocritical, not remorseful.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.