[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there such a stigma against mental illness, especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Kana.(kwbr32).600.594136.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Kana.(kwbr32).600.594136.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
Why is there such a stigma against mental illness, especially in poorly or uneducated Americans?
>>
>>894849
American myth of individualism.
>>
Because some people are too stupid to tell the difference between a free choice and a determined occurrence. If you never think about the difference between what you choose and what's chosen for you, your sense of morality becomes a total mess, and you blame people for the wrong things.
>>
>>894849
1) crazy soccer moms get their kids diagnosed with ADHD or whatever the latest fad is now so they can drug them up or obtain cocaine derivatives for themselves, psychology stopped being about scientific scrutiny and professional integrity long ago

2) when someone actually has a mental illness it is difficult for them to find someone who can properly diagnose them and they might be mistaken for one of the ADHD kids who aren't actually mentally ill and just faking it for drugs, assuming they are not so deluded they have no idea they can get help in the first place, they can spend years of their adult lives like this, sometimes ending up homeless and destitute while people assume they are not ill but just bad people who choose to be socially ostracized and sleep in the gutter.
>>
>>894880
>just faking it for drugs
This can't be real... r-right?
>>
>>894892

You kidding right?

ADHD is so easy to fake, you might end up believing you have ADHD just by reading the fucking diagnostic. They offer you Dexamphetamines, which is pretty can be a pretty euphoric stimulant.
>>
>>894905
I am sickened.
>>
>>894914

DonĀ“t be, people who do it are probably as bad and in need for psychological help as people with actual ADHD.
>>
all psychiatry is a fraud perpetuated by the pharma industry.

just watch this video. there is no such disease as ADHD either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV1S5zw096U
>>
>>894860
This
Americans have an obsession of a "Self Made Man"
>>
Because 99% of our mass shootings are caused by the mentally ill.
>>
People get burned by mentally ill people and decide to avoid them. I mean, if part of the definition of your condition is that you will be a moody jerk then I don't think it's that unfair to profile. The double standards within the 'sensitive' community are ridiculous as well:

>"omg psychopaths are evil. I bed that bitch is a sociopath. >:^("
>"Hey man don't shit-talk that guy, he has bi-polar, it's not his fault if he's in a crummy mood and lashes out sometimes."
>>
>>896127
>Psychiatry is bad guys!
Nice try Tom Cruise
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.