[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Christians, particularly Catholics practice any type of Modern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12
File: ayy.jpg (61 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
61 KB, 620x388
Do Christians, particularly Catholics practice any type of Modern Sacrifice?

I know in history they have, but has anything stuck today? i.e. Muslims still sacrifice animals for Halal.
>>
Financial for one. Less obvious is that of food in the practice of fasting. What's your angle OP?
>>
File: Chi Rho.jpg (100 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Chi Rho.jpg
100 KB, 1920x1200
>>893624
Ever heard of Jesus Christ?
>>
>>893624

I'm not really studied up on the subject, but I'm 95% sure that Halal isn't animal sacrifice, it's just a way you have to kill the animal to fulfill dietary requirements, similar to how Jews remove all the blood out of the animals they eat for meat.
>>
File: thanksjesus2.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
thanksjesus2.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>893624
>this whole post
>>
We kill a tree for Jesus' birth.
>>
File: 1458910347027.png (1 MB, 855x604) Image search: [Google]
1458910347027.png
1 MB, 855x604
>>893683
more like in hoc signo linges
>>
>>893734
Anyone who dislikes the Pope for doing this hates Christianity, it's as simple as that.
>>
>>893624
Technically the mass is partaking in the one final sacrifice Christ made on the cross
>inb4 re-sacrificing Christ!!!!!!!!!!
God is timeless mang
>>
File: 1440167329292.jpg (646 KB, 1003x1024) Image search: [Google]
1440167329292.jpg
646 KB, 1003x1024
>>893624
As a staunch catholic, yes we do.

On the feast day of St. Wewuz, the Kang of Sheet. We all gathering inside a choir boy's anus and kill a pig.
>>
Sacrificing desires during lent.
>>
The Armenian Orthodox Church still practices animal sacrifice.
>>
>>893712
Halal is a methodology but Muslims sacrifice animals for some of their holidays, like Jews
>>
>>893624
Yes go to Mexico, Guatemala and El Salvador. People still sacrifice animals. I went to a rural church in El Salvador where they did animal sacrifices in the church in the community. Once the bishop found out though he made the townspeople stop.
>>
Animal sacrifice is fit only for heathenry.
>>
>>893624
Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice but Christians do still give 10% of our earnings to god
>>
>>899214

What does god need money for? What the fuck?
>>
>>893624
Yes.
In the Catholic mass and same is true for the Orthodox.
The Alter Christus (the Priest) sacrifices the Hostia (The Sacred Victim, i.e. Jesus Christ) to God.
Basically God sacrificing himself to himself.
>>
>>893624
Some villages in Greece also sacrifice animals to Orthodox saints in a practice known as kourbània. Sacrifice of a lamb, or less commonly a rooster, is a common practice in Armenian Church and Tewahedo Church.
We also sacrifice pigs and lambs for Christmas and Easter, but those have nothing to do with church practices.
>>
>>893624
Sacrifice was an ancient tool used to wash Israelites clean as snow. They used it to remove sin. When Jesus died the sin was lifted permanently for anyone who accepts him, therefore no need for sacrifice. Also God's spirit left the temple long ago, sacrifices would be in vain.
>>
>>899214
>>899221
Jesus said "sell all your possessions and come follow me."
Tithing are something else.
>>
>>899221
The Church ain't gonna finance itself, anon.
>>
>>893624
Catholics think they do; they think their crackers and juice turn into the body and blood of Jesus. It doesn't, but don't tell them that. They think if they Eat God, the will Be God.
>>
>>893624
Catholics and Eastern Orthodox believe that the mass/divine liturgy is a continuation of the sacrifice at calvary
>>
>>900119
All Christians except for Protestants (and even some Protestants) believe that the bread and wine become the body and blood of Christ m8
>>
>>900162
So, if I may translate your sentence into something true, it would read like this:

"No Christian believes that the bread and wine become the body and blood of Jesus Christ."
>>
>>900162
>>
>>893734
>this sign linges
what does linges mean?
>>
>>893754
Looks like Vlad the Impaler designed that building.
>>
>>899221
He doesn't. People give to their church to pay their pastors to talk to them about stuff. The model church is not what most people do today; the model church is a few families meeting in each other's homes together.
>>
>>900311
you will lick
>>
>>900293
Consider how contrary to the mind of God are the heterodox in regard to the grace of God which has come to us. They have no regard for charity, none for the widow, the orphan, the oppressed, none for the man in prison, the hungry or the thirsty. They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not admit that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, the flesh which suffered for our sins and which the Father, in His graciousness, raised from the dead."

"Letter to the Smyrnaeans", paragraph 6. circa 80-110 A.D.
>>
>>893736
>the alt right isn't actually religious and only uses it as an excuse to hate people

Who would have guessed?
>>
>>899271
I don't know how I feel about that.. I don't approve.
>>
>>899221
God doesn't need money. He does it for free, like a certain someone.
>>
Can someone tell me how Sacrifice ("holocaust") work?
God doesn't need food, right?
God created goat, lamb and human for that matter.
Why is God want anyone to kill one of his creation?
>>
>>904675
Because it is a goddamn backwards desert religion, and these liked their sacrifices a lot.
>>
>>904675
Everyone did sacrifices, God ordered sacrifices as a symbolic gift to represent the Israelites' covenant with him
Eventually said through the prophets that it was fucking stupid and useless to do ritualistic shit if they didn't even follow the most important parts, which are the moral ones (don't be an asshole, etc)
Then, according to Christianity, Jesus came down to make a new covenant abolishing this practice
>>
>>904675
>>904897
"a sweet savour unto the Lord"
>>
>>904980
>>
File: jesus-crucifixion-wallpaper-105.jpg (134 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
jesus-crucifixion-wallpaper-105.jpg
134 KB, 1024x768
>>904897
>Then, according to Christianity, Jesus came down to make a new covenant abolishing this practice

Jesus sacrifice Himself to Himself right?
>>
>>900624
That's not the Smyrna I know, whose members were being tortured to death, and yet believing the faith.

Must be thew view of some lying gnostic proto-catholic papist piece of filth.
>>
>>904980
Yeah. Jesus likes bbq.
>>
>>910100
No. The Son sacrificed Himself for our sakes, to the Father. Before the Creation, there was an eternal covenant that went something like this:

Jesus: I will die for them, if you will forgive them.

Father: I will forgive them, if you die for them.

And apprehend, if you do not comprehend, that Jesus and the Father are One.
>>
>>900302
LDS here, can confirm.
>>
>>910142
So then the Father is a dick
>>
>>910130
And yet no documentation of your unicorn sect
>>
>>910142
God is not Jesus
Jesus is not the Holy Ghost
The Holy Ghost is not God

Together, they are one: the Holy Trinity.

Did I get that right?
If so, I've always thought that this answered the question on whether or not God can create a stone too heavy for he himself to lift.

The Holy Ghost, being God's will, can create the stone which is too heavy for God, in physical form, to lift.
>>
>>910130
This looks and feels like bait but I'll reply.
It was written by Ignatius of Antioch, a martyr who met Christ in person and was a direct student of the apostles.
>>
>>910422
Great. Now we have 3 Gods.
>>
>>910734
Yes, which is kind of how Islam treats the fallacious cult that is Christianity. I don't think Jesus ever stated he was the third of three did he?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.