[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Theological Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 640x640
As long as I believe in Christ am I allowed to believe in aliens and demons and angels and djinn and deities from other religions? When Jesus overturned the Old Covenant did he do away with the Mosaic "Thou shalt have no other gods before me"? I ask because I was raised Catholic but feel uncomfortable with the faith after deep psychedelic and occult and mystical and meditative experiences involving seemingly supernatural or paranormal events not easily explained in a Christian/Catholic context.
>>
Christians will tell you that stuff mentioned by jesus and the new testement authors still apply. that would imply worshipping only Yahweh is included, but you can eat food that was an offering in a pagan temple as long as you don't think of it as woshipping that god. paul is silly
>>
you can't accidentally worship something, don't worry so hard about it
>>
also i want to add that OP is a faggot for asking such a question
>>
If you believe in Christ then you accept that there are malignant spiritual/super natural forces actively at work to reinforce "sinful" human behaviors and human nature while actively seeding negative thoughts and intentions of believers. This isn't the devil made me do, its the devil is making sure I keep doing it.

A portion of Jesus's activities was removing demonic presences in people.
>>
>>893409

God says you shall have no other Gods before Him, not that you shall have none but Him. Just that He must be preeminent.

Most Christians are too assburger to realize this.
>>
>>893409
Religion is a human experience rooted in tradition, a ritual connection to sacred power through mundane means. Additionally, there are philosophical, theological, and political overlaps that truly add to the complexity of the experience.

What you are asking is if you are allowed to believe in the existence of other sacred powers described by other religions. If you are posing the question, can this admittance of existence of other sacred powers be done while still being Catholic? Then the answer is yes.

Just as >>893430 said, worship is purposeful. Worship is the core experience of religion, so as long as you wholeheartedly worship as a means to connect to your sacred power, then that is your religion. Connection/worship to other deities may mean a fundamental change to your religion, another phenomena of religion being quite personal.

I'm still not entirely sure what your true concern or question is, as you only asked if you are allowed to. Allowed to while still being Christian was my interpretation.
>>
>>893409
The Christ was one of many. Siddhartha, Zoroaster, Laotzi, all of them reached God within themselves and taught the way of divinity. Life is what it is. You can't limit God to anything, not even a single religion.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.