[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /his/, lets talk about ancient Israel/Judea The 12 tribes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Hello /his/, lets talk about ancient Israel/Judea

The 12 tribes, Kings of Israel, Solomon's Temple, Babylonian exile, Second Temple, Hashmoenites, Roman Judea, Herod and much more to talk about.

Post pictures, texts and good books about daily life in ancient Israel.

no /pol/ le joos memes please
>>
File: mikdash.jpg (84 KB, 800x588) Image search: [Google]
mikdash.jpg
84 KB, 800x588
>tfw no temple

god damned Romans.
>>
>>89353
Shame it can't be rebuilt because Muslims appopriated the temple mount
>>
The city of Jerusalem was called the city of peace, however, it has been quite to the contrary for the past 4,000 years; it has been defined by war and religious strife and political anarchy. The Jews, Christians and Muslims have fought bitter wars over the right to claim ownership and custodial entitlement to Mount Moriah. All three Abrahamic faiths have assembled theological and dogmatic authenticity to explaining why King Solomon’s Temple personifies the Jewish, Christian, and/or Islamic religious worldview.

King Solomon's Temple was built on Mount Moriah in Jerusalem and some have maintained that the Ark of the Covenant where Prophet Moses received the Ten Commandments is somehow connected to this land and Mount Moriah as it pertains to Moses and the Tabernacle.

The Muslims and the Christian claimed that God (Allah, Yahweh, Jehovah, etc.) instructed Abraham (2078-1903 B.C.E) to sacrifice his son on top of Mount Moriah ; however, depending upon one's faith tradition will determine whether that son was Isaac (1978-1798 B.C.E) or Ishmael (1992-1855 B.C.E).

Some scholars believe that the present day Al-Asqa Mosque, the Dome of the Rock, Temple Mount, etc., is built on top of the ruins of the original King Solomon's Temple site, which was built by King Solomon according to the Old Testament Bible in 975 BCE and when Jerusalem came under Babylonian ruler-ship in 586 BCE the Temple was destroyed.

The next Temple on this site was rebuilt in 515 BCE, by Zerubbabel who was politically tied to the Persian Empire and served as Governor of Judah. The third and the most magnificent of the three Temples was built by King Herod in 18 BCE and it to, was later destroyed along with the Holy City of Jerusalem during Jewish revolt against the Romans in 70 CE.
>>
>>89717
Prophet Muhammad (570 -632 A.D.) (Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him) in heavenly journey (physical or dream) is said to have traveled to Jerusalem and ascended to heaven. Islam considers Jerusalem the third holiest city in Islam.

The Honorable Elijah Muhammad teaches that in the House of Omar is where the true body and tomb of Yeshua Bin Yosef (Jesus—7-127 A.D.) a monetary fee is paid to the Pope and the Pope issues the Masonic Brother a traveling pass that is honored by the Imams of Al-Aqsa Mosque who in turn allow the Freemasons to physically see the well preserved body of bin Yusuf (Jesus, the son of Joseph).
>>
>>89802
>Prophet Muhammad is said to have traveled to Jerusalem and ascended to heaven.

Not in the quran.

And Elijah Muhammed is a racist mad man paid by Gaddaffi to spread his hatred-filled version of Islam in the US as a spite move.
>>
I heard in a podcast that both David and Soloman were both fairytales invented after the Babylonian invasion. That's all i really know.
>>
>>89282
>>89282
>no /pol/ le joos memes please

I'll humor you, but you should know such thing is unavoidable. You might as well go with it.
>>
>>90112
>I heard in a podcast
Opinion discarded

Interesting factoid, Allah and Eloha (god in Judaism) both come from the same semitic root. Yahweh is an original Judaic deity made of an amalgamation of various early Semetic gods, including Shamash, the Sumerian sun god and god of atonement, who happens to have a holiday right around Yom Kippur - when Jews ask for atonement. Also Yahweh had a bae Asura that the high priests thought went against canon (since it implied that the various attributes of a monotheistic deity could be gods in their own right and Jews are sexist so fuck girls amiirite).so they b& Asura worship.

Semitic folk religion as they relate to Judaism is interesting as fuck.
>>
>>89282
I'm surprised the Samaritans are still extant in Israel. I hope they don't disappear from history and convert to Rabbinic Judaism.
>>
>>90481

There are only some 800 of them left here, they just aren't breeding enough, their elders have permitted the young men to marry Israeli Jewish girls, only if they convert.

damn shame that such an ancient nation is going extinct.
>>
Did David and Solomon actually exist? If they did exist, was the tales of Solomon believed to have been true during his reign? Was the whole "speaking to demons" fabricated at a much later point and for what purpose?
>>
>>91011
Who knows, its possible, but they probably were chieftains ruling over a city-state, at most maybe a few cities. And they were most likely Polytheistic.
The speaking to demons could have just been some memory of Solomon's devotions to other gods.
>>
File: High-Priest.jpg (339 KB, 546x800) Image search: [Google]
High-Priest.jpg
339 KB, 546x800
High priests uniform.
pretty dank looking.
>>
>>90043
shit tier bait

leave /his/
>>
>>90368
isn't it true that G-d had a consort from another Semitic god?
>>
>>92637
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asherah

Why do you say G-d?
God is an English word, and its a title. It's not a sacred word or something.
>>
>>90368
A bit late, but: https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/historical-jesus/id384233911?mt=10
I couldn't bother posting the source since I know nobody would bother listening anyways.
>>
File: 2000px-Phoenician_alphabet.svg.png (124 KB, 2000x1797) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Phoenician_alphabet.svg.png
124 KB, 2000x1797
I heard that the Greek alphabet has originated in paleo-hebrew.
for example:
Aleph-Alpha
Bet-Beta
Gimel-Gamma
Dalet-Delta

somebody have something on that?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.