[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lately I have fallen into a very abstract kind of existential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
Lately I have fallen into a very abstract kind of existential crisis. I find it harder to recognize deception and reality. Giving the benefit of the doubt helps and disturbs me at an almost equal rate. I attribute this crisis to several factors:
1. Acknowledgement of political deception and media lies as with north Korean propaganda. It weakens trust to any major news organization.
2. A strong ambiguity introduced through the philosophical ideas of Wittgenstein, particularly the doubt introduced by the idea that actual communication is likely to fail if both parties of communication fail to recognize the other parties communicative function (as in a recommendation is perceived as a threat)
3. A weakening trust in the human senses after reading Descartes.
4. The idea that "wrong" and "good" doesn't really exist as it's a human made concept and other questions of ethics (introduced to me by exercises in a book of logic)
Is there any philosophical branch, book, author who analyzed some parts of my problem? Is there something I am unaware of here?
At this moment I imagine there an author and a book which is very likely to tackle this problem as Kant did with "Critique of Judgment". Or are they even intertwined?
>here's a picture for you
>>
Watch Kent Hovind's creation seminar.

The first step to truth is realizing you've been lied to your whole life.

Get the garbage out of your head.
>>
>>890825
this
>>
The reason you have existential crisis is because God and Satan are both fighting for your mind.

I suggest you read "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis or watch cslewisdoodle on YT.
>>
>>890825
Ok anon, will do. I hope I can digest the information easily as it sounds quite radical.
>>
Wait a minute, this smells like foul play!! I know I should have asked /lit/!
Creationist dumbasses
>>
File: 1443728841145.png (218 KB, 680x575) Image search: [Google]
1443728841145.png
218 KB, 680x575
I hope you had a good giggle!
>>
>>890838
Spotted the evolutionist.
>>
>>890819
Wittgenstein: not even once
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.