[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
greetings /his/ so i just started my science writing in ancient
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
greetings /his/
so i just started my science writing in ancient history, i chose to find out why Cleo VII was not a cliens (="client") like the other fags around Rome.
But i need your help, since i discovered some questions:
>1. why is even egypt a cliens of rome?
my "researches" just say it is, and after the war against octavian it says egypt is now a provincae of Rome.
Is it because Rome sieged macedonia and macedonia is related to egypt since >muh heritage?
got a load more questions, but this one is the most annoying atm

>also
general ancient egypt thread, if you want to.
thanks for any help, advice et cetera perge perge
>>
>>890448
Egypt had already been a protectorate of Rome for over a century at that point, declaring it a province was just officially recognizing Rome's control over it.
>>
>>890458
yeah, but what event was the turning point from Sovereignty to the patronage?
>>
>>890494
The end of the Ptolemaic dynasty?
>>
>>890499
Oh, you meant when did Egypt become a protectorate? About 100 years before Cleo VII, apparently the Ptolemies were too busy killing each others, as inbred courtiers tend to do, to actually rule the country.
>>
>>890521
yeah, that's what i'm talking about.
see:
"Philometor's younger brother (later Ptolemy VIII Euergetes II) was installed as a puppet king. When Antiochus withdrew, the brothers agreed to reign jointly with their sister Cleopatra II. They soon fell out, however, and quarrels between the two brothers allowed Rome to interfere and to steadily increase its influence in Egypt. Eventually Philometor regained the throne. In 145 BC he was killed in the Battle of Antioch."
this is why i love the english wikipedia.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.