[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post ideas for history-themed vidya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: civilization-ii-usa.jpg (102 KB, 600x592) Image search: [Google]
civilization-ii-usa.jpg
102 KB, 600x592
Post ideas for history-themed vidya
>>
Old Testament: Total War

>Babylon
>Assyria
>Egypt
>Israel
>Philistines
>Hittites
etc
>>
Multicultural Utopia Tycoon Simulator
>>
>Civ 2
>Playstation
>the ultimate version of the best-selling strategy game

Good Lord, this actually happened.

On topic:
Edwardian era hunting game. You go through various hunts for foxes, bears, fowl and other creatures as you unveil a vast conspiracy to destroy the Regency.
>>
>>889958

>play as a viking raiding england
>level up by raping northumbrian women and stealing loot from northumbrian towns
>fast paced combat
>make your way to become an earl by usurping the earl
>plan and excecute raids until you have enough gold and silver to buy more men and better equipment and ships to raid bigger towns
>sacrifice people in the name of odin for safe trips
>become the scourage of the sea
>expansion pack will include more women to rape and more people to kill and more people sacrifice to the old gods
>>
>>889962
>Israel gets ten plague ultimate

too op, fucking jews
>>
>>889962
Chariots of War you faggot.
>>
>>889958

It has been a long time since we had a good real time strategy that allowed us to go through all historical ages.
>>
Open world game set in Italy and Greece during the Roman republic. Rome and Athens would be the main cities, along with various other settlements. The game would be open ended, allowing you to make your own story. You could be a mercenary, auxiliary in the army, bandit, rebel against Roman rule, anything you could think of.
Combat would be similar to kingdom come, but the fighting style used would be different, with more thrusting and more emphasis on shields.
A key point of the gameplay would be controlling a squad, because you wouldn't be an invincible one man army. You would be able to call out different commands on the fly, similar to shouts from skyrim. These would vary from basic attack and defend to digging fortifications, carrying wounded and battle formations. You would have a lot of control over how your group operates, so they could be an irregular self armed militia who get paid by looting enemies, or professional soldiers whose uniform and weapons you could pick, provided you have the funds.
At the start of the game you would select a background that would affect the game. Starting as a merchant's son would give you more money to begin with, but fighting men would be less likely to follow you. A soldier would be better at combat and have some leadership experience, but people in areas conquered by the legions would dislike them. I can't be bothered to write out any more background ideas, but there would be things like pickpocket, farmer, wanderer etc.
>>
>>889985
Sooo M&B: Viking Conquest?
>>
>>889978
it's not that bad, and it's easier than getting civ 2 working on a modern computer
>>
>>890657
GTA: ancient Rome sounds better
>>
>>889958
We already have Paradox games, so... why bother? I'd argue historical milsims are also good.
>>
>>890657
Pretty much a Mount & Blade game set in ancient Rome. Would be really cool.
>>
>>889978

That was like the first game I ever bought and I played it for hundreds of hours. Would love to play it again
>>
Nice try OP, but you won't get my billion dollar ideas.
>>
File: Pharaoh_screenshot.png (477 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Pharaoh_screenshot.png
477 KB, 640x480
City-building games kind of count right?
>>
>>889958
Play as the establishment or the underground revolutionaires in different historical settings.

Manage people, move them around, look out for infiltrators, care for your recruit's families and loved ones or you'll lose their support, plot assassinations and rally people to your cause.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.