[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has it ever experienced a period of time even remotely resembling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: modern.gif (15 KB, 708x379) Image search: [Google]
modern.gif
15 KB, 708x379
Has it ever experienced a period of time even remotely resembling peace? Has it always been in a perpetual state of tribal war and bloodshed?
>>
>>888674
Europe hasn't witnessed peace for more than 30 years in total. A battle that ensnared the whole world was what 65 years ago?

Why do euros act high and mighty with only 2-3 generations of tenuous peace on their soils but continued proxy wars and coup support throughout the world?
>>
>>888674
The Abbasid caliphate was basically pax islamica

And the ottomans at their peak

Persia was nice too
>>
>>888709
Balkan slavs were eating each other like 20 years ago
>>
File: 1363744333465.jpg (50 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
1363744333465.jpg
50 KB, 500x414
>tfw you will never be able to visit the ancient sites in the Middle East
>tfw even if things settle down, most historical sites and artifacts will have been destroyed
>>
>>888674
It was quite reasonable situation until 100 years ago.

In fact, it was far more peaceful that all European history.
>>
>>888735
You can visit Jordan, Israel, Morocco, Egypt,Tunisia and Oman.
>>
If was nearly completely peaceful during Roman times, from the death of Mark Antony up until the invasion of the Vandals.
>>
?

Compared to Europe, it had good peaceful stretches.
>>
>>888785

but what if my favorite historical region is Mesopotamia :(
>>
Reminder Wahhabism is destroying Islam like Protestantism destroyed Christianity
>>
The world has always had war in some place, doesn't matter what continent.

Europe and Asia are no different.
>>
>>888830
>Protestantism destroyed Christianity
Nice bait. 3/10

It restored Christianity you retard.

The RCC was a den of corruption and evil.
>>
>>888831

the Americas were perfectly peaceful until the dirty Euro pigs came along and fucked them up
>>
>>888840
>Indian tribes slaughtering eachother
>Mayan and Aztec wars
>>
>>888836
>implying the separation of Rejuvenation and Justification actually exists within the bible
>implying Martin Luther didn't actively cherrypick what to follow in the bible despite claiming Scripture was the only source of salvation
>implying modern Evangelicals don't worship the book itself and ascribe magic properties to it instead of worshiping Christ
wew lad
>>
>>888840
>muh noble savages
You're memeing too hard
>>
>>888862
Doesn't change the fact Roman Catholicism is the Antichrist counterfeit church.

It's crypto-paganism and follows the ancient mystery religion of Babylon.

Catholics are not Christians.
They worship Baal and the "Queen of Heaven" Semiramis.
>>
>>888711

After reading up a bit on Persia, it's tragic how it has devolved in the past century. Used to produce so much great art and scientific achievement, but is now under the thumb of a backwards Islamic theocracy.

Could've become a true world super power if it didn't let the Arabs fuck it up.
>>
>>888890
Parthians were a pain in the Eastern Roman Empire's ass.
>>
>>888822
Better go asap then! Be discrete.
>>
>>888882
Chick, is that you?
>>
>>888907
>I-It's all just a coincidence!

lol catholicucks
>>
>>888904

what's the best way to discretely visit historical sites in a war torn Iraq? please help
>>
>>888916
I'm not even Christian. I'm just noting that you sound like a conspiracy theorist.
>>
>>888927
And you sound like an illiterate imbecile that doesn't know anything about world history.
>>
>>888931
Ok. Why do you believe the things you said here >>888882
>>
>>888941
Because they are true?
>>
>>888946
Right, I'm asking what's the proof of that...
>>
the middle east is so violent, you can't even have a peaceful thread discussing it.
>>
>>888955
>I have never read a book
>I have never done research or study
>I have never watched documentaries

Are you 12?
>>
>>888962
All I'm hearing is

>Oh gosh, I don't have any proof but he keeps asking for it. Maybe I can stall, and call him an idiot, so he'll stop replying.

Either that, or you're trolling.
>>
>>888962
Please cite some examples, you're treating this as if it's common information when it's not, this tells me your argument is weak and that you're probably baiting
>>
>>888972
It is common information, especially on a HISTORY board.
>>
>>888978
GIVE THE PROOF, MR. CHICK
>>
>>888890
Arabs pushed Persians from being Jewish middlemen into philosophers and statesmen.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.