[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get the argument that evil exists because of free will, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: the list just goes on.png (19 KB, 310x280) Image search: [Google]
the list just goes on.png
19 KB, 310x280
I get the argument that evil exists because of free will, but why couldn't God create men who were free of a desire to sin?
>inb4 Satan
pic unrelated
>>
>>887583
because god is a dick who wants us to be perfect but gives us the capability to be asses for literally no reason
>>
>>887583
Cause that's fuckin boring.
>>
>>887583
He did. Then Satan happened.
You can't inb4 the correct answer
>>
>>887583
because god doesn't exist and it's just the natural instinctual impulses that drive us to do things the church deems sinful
>>
>>887619
Then a follow-up question: If god is all powerful, why can't he defeat Satan?
>>
>>887619
But God is omnipotent. Couldn't he just negate Satan? Why did he allow Satan to happen at all? He IS both omnipotent and omniscient.
>>
here's another question. can god make a burrito so hot that even he couldnt eat it
>>
>>887635
No, because God cannot feel physical pain so he'd be able to eat any burrito no matter how hot
>>
>>887628
God did. It's just somehow more preferential to humiliate Satan. Christian dindus will tell you that the story is Satan's arrogance, but god's just a fucking dick and doesn't know how to catch people breaks unless you're catholic, apparently.
>>
>>887629
I got this, you can't actually know God's will, mysterious ways and shit.
>>
Even on a hypothetical level:

>implying a god whose true form is incomprehensible to the human eye is comprehensible to human understanding

I'm not trying to invoke
>mysterious ways
but it's like trying to understand the complete true form of infinity.
>>
>>887628
>>887629
He didn't immediately fix the whole sin thing, so I guess he thought it was a good idea.
>>
>>887583
Why are you so concerned with the central tenets of Zoroastrianism OP? Everyone knows Angra Mainyu only oversees the fiery Judgement that will burn the sin out of you anyway, what does it matter whether the inscrutable and glorious god Ahura Mazda permits the nature of sin or not if we're all universally saved with trials of varying agony?
>>
>>887763
Now, this I can get into. It's fucking stupid to punish someone for all eternity, even if they were the worst person on Earth.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.