[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it justified? Who is at fault?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 800px-Mountcarmelfire04-19-93-n.jpg (132 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
800px-Mountcarmelfire04-19-93-n.jpg
132 KB, 800x587
Was it justified?
Who is at fault?
>>
We've had this thread on /k/ literally hundreds of times.

Let's go through a couple of the basic conclusions I've come to

>Both sides were retarded
>the ATF probably started the firefight
>it is entirely unclear whether the firearms charges or allegations of child molestation were real
>the ATF botched the initial investigation
>the FBI botched the negotiations because they were used to dealing with financially motivated criminals and not religious organizations
>Koresh really should have given up at some point in the 81 days before shit hit the fan
>the final raid, intended to drive out the Davidians, was a really bad idea because showing a millennialist organization something that looks like the end of the world is unlikely to produce rational behavior
>the FBI attempted to use psychological warfare and sleep deprivation (booming heavy metal and the sounds of rabbits being slaughtered into the compound 24 hours a day) which probably contributed to the mental state of the inhabitants
>the fire that started during the final FBI raid was videotaped from every angle, and started in three separate locations at once, indicating arson from within
>>
>>1077801
A contender for the most solidly useful greentext of all time
>>
>>1077801
you forgot
>Children and Women housed in "The Bunker"
>FBI inserts tons of CS gas into said "Bunker"
>determined to be the cause of death for several of the children.
>bunker chosen to house children likely because it was the only building to survive a previous fire at the compound

I believe that the Davidians burned the building down, but I doubt it was mass suicide.
>>
>>1077801
>>the FBI attempted to use psychological warfare and sleep deprivation (booming heavy metal and the sounds of rabbits being slaughtered into the compound 24 hours a day) which probably contributed to the mental state of the

Holy shit
>>
File: Pranks too far - Copy.jpg (187 KB, 726x702) Image search: [Google]
Pranks too far - Copy.jpg
187 KB, 726x702
>Its just a prank, Lon Horiuchi
>>
File: Pranks too far - Copy (2).jpg (163 KB, 712x888) Image search: [Google]
Pranks too far - Copy (2).jpg
163 KB, 712x888
>>
>>1077555
I'm sorry what event is this? I have no idea what is going on in pic other than its a fire.
>>
>>1078434
Waco Siege, Real fucked up for both sides.
>>
>>1078434
Crazy cult in Texas with crazy cult leader circa 1993, accused of violating all kinds of federal laws including weapons charges. Gov. agents surround the compound but cult resists. Eventually a firefight breaks out, compound ends up burning down killing a shit load of people inside.
>>
>>1078434
'90s domestic terrorism is interesting shit.
>>
File: billy bab sanchez.jpg (28 KB, 320x232) Image search: [Google]
billy bab sanchez.jpg
28 KB, 320x232
autistic religious fanatics vs autistic jumpy cops
>>1077801 sums it up well
>>
>>1077801
You forgot evidence of incindiary grenades being used and the very high likelihood of fire resulting from so much tear gas use.
>>
>>1078448
>>1078480
I love this board. If you ask a question you dont get treated like a complete retard
>>
>>1078589
This, although tapes from FBI bugs in the compound recorded speech of the Davidians saying sentences like "pour it there" and "this area is covered" indicating that they probably poured gasoline or another liquid propellant on the ground.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.