[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Islam and the West
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1458745832918.jpg (69 KB, 527x720) Image search: [Google]
1458745832918.jpg
69 KB, 527x720
What is the role of Islam in Western countries in the 21st century? Do we label it as a political dogma or a religion, and will we rethink the way we perceive religious liberty?

I personally think Islam is a threat to our secular republican way of life. Not only is it frightening to see how they're ripping their countries apart on sectarian lines, but most of the suspects in Paris, Cologne, and Brussels were second and third generation who supposedly should have integrated by now.

Does Islam in its current form, where the vast majority preach din wa dawla, have a place in a liberal democracy?
>>
>>886302
While I would like to discuss this I think it violates the discussion rules because it's about stuff going on in the 2000s which is too soon
>>
>>886302
No, of course not. Democracies are only for civil people. They are useless when the mob is evil.
>>
who is the king in that picture?
>>
>For the purpose of determining what is history, please do not start threads about events taking place less than 25 years ago. Historical discussions should be focused on past events, and not their contemporary consequences. Discussion of modern politics, current events, popular culture, or other non-historical topics should be posted elsewhere. General discussions about international culture should go on /int/.
>>
>>886324
I think it's Charlemagne
>>
>>886324
>>886337
It's Charles Martel, Charlemagne's Grandaddy.
>>
moving thread to /int/ sorry guys
>>886318
>>886329
>>
>>886324
>>886337
Pls get out.
>>
File: 1457477373012.jpg (20 KB, 480x633) Image search: [Google]
1457477373012.jpg
20 KB, 480x633
>>886324
>>886337
>>
Since this thread is already full of shitposting could somebody tell me how accurate are that maps borders. I recall that the duke of aquitaine was still fighting the muslims at the time so seems unlikely that they would have pressed that far inland.
>>
>>886302
>What is the role of Islam in Western countries in the 21st century?
Villainy.
>>
>>886349
>>886337
It's Pepin the Short you dingus.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.