[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you lads of the Zionist movement? I have been reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: herzl-www-israelvets-com-1.jpg (70 KB, 535x738) Image search: [Google]
herzl-www-israelvets-com-1.jpg
70 KB, 535x738
What do you lads of the Zionist movement?

I have been reading up on its history and its they actually rounded up Jews from so many different parts of the world, speaking different languages with different cultures the mileage to create a Jewish state All basically within hundred years
>>
>>886025
>What do you lads think of the Zionist movement?

>I have been reading up on its history and its actually amazing how they rounded up Jews from so many different parts of the world, speaking different languages with different cultures and they managed to create a Jewish state All basically within one hundred years

ftfy
>>
>>886025
It's incomplete. One day every Jew will live in Israel.
>>
Its a testament to the artificiality of the nationalist experiment really. The Jewish communities of the time that would go on to form Israel had actually very little in common with one another outside of religious tradition and some artifacts of the Hebrew language. Jewish identity was something that had to be forged, to be convinced of: it was a construct formed out of a perceived necessity and legitimized by enduring outside hostility. All the while, they sold the existing inhabitants of Palestine as being some great "other" that stood in the way of their interests, despite that Palestinian population actually having a fair number of Jews among them that would be excluded from the new Israeli identity.
>>
>>886086
/thread
>>
>>886043
you didn't fix anything though
>>
>>886025
The only thing remarkable about Islam is how people that suffered so much oppression could so quickly turn into the oppressors.
>>
The Zionist movement is cool. I'm glad the Jews have their own state after so many centuries, and I'm honestly amazed that they actually pulled it off.

I've always wondered about the logistics of Zionism. 80% of Israelis have Hebrew names, so how did the name-change process go? Did the government assign new names to the millions of Yiddish, German, and Ladino-speaking settlers?
>>
>>886086
this

>>886665
it always goes like that
>>
>>886072
Halachically speaking, the world is full of tens of millions of Jews who don't know they're Jewish.
>>
>>886665
Remarkable about Israel* Freudian slip heh heh
>>
>>886665

Hurt people hurt people.
>>
>>886025
Is it true that the Ones who started it were Puritans and Jews only went along with them due to being sick of Europeans?
>>
>>886678
>Zionists even adopted the practice of giving themselves new names as a sign of the redeemed self. Thus Asher Ginsberg, an early propagandist, called himself Ahad Ha'am (One of the People).

>>886665
>>886688
They learned from the best.

>>886700
>In 1882, the year after the first pogroms in Russia, a band of Jews left Eastern Europe to settle in Palestine. They were convinced that Jews would remain incomplete, alienated human beings until they had a country of their own. The yearning for the return to Zion (the ancient name for Jerusalem) began as a defiantly secular movement, since the vicissitudes of history had convinced the Zionists that their religion and their God did not work.
>The charismatic Austrian Theodor Herzl (1860-1904) saw the new Jewish venture as a colonial enterprise: under the wing of one of the European imperial powers, the Jewish state would be a vanguard of progress in the Islamic wilderness.
>>
>Austrian Theodor Herzl (1860-1904) saw the new Jewish venture as a colonial enterprise: under the wing of one of the European imperial powers

Rothschilds weren't quite imperial, although at the time of Herzl's life they were reffered to as "Kings of the Jews"
>>
>>886681
Oy vey
>>
>>886025
Regardless of their reasons being justified or not and their actions being morally right or not, they did resurrect a thousand year old idea and successfully implement it in spite of most their neighbors outright denying their right for existence. Some absolute madman even upgraded the old purely religious language all by himself. I can only respect that.
>>
I think the idea of a kind of zionism applied to gypsies is an interesting idea but they lack the intelligentsia to formulate an ideology, the capital and political power to support it and the internationality to form a cohesive body
>>
>>886900
Gypsies are every single negative Jewish stereotype personified, except for being smart and organized.
>>
>>886883
JIDF pls go, and nobody was denying them their existence, it was a denial of a nation state where one never existed.
>>
File: Deal with it nerd.png (252 KB, 500x552) Image search: [Google]
Deal with it nerd.png
252 KB, 500x552
>>887055
They also won, and Arabs lost miserably.
>>
>>886086
It worked nonetheless.

What's the problem of being "artificial"? It's not like the proletariat so beloved of anti-nationalist Marxist intellectuals was something "naturally formed" either.
>>
>>887086
I'm not saying that being artificial is an issue in and of itself. I'm saying that the frequently touted appeals to naturalism as the foundation of nationalism are garbage. The foundations for ideological theory should be founded upon pragmatism given one's current material reality rather than abstract idealism/spiritualism: that goes for all corners of the political spectrum. Ideas that spring from nationalist and Marxist thought I have observed can both be either materialist or spiritual depending on the background of the person wielding those ideas.
>>
File: JewGods.jpg (226 KB, 1367x2048) Image search: [Google]
JewGods.jpg
226 KB, 1367x2048
>revive dead language
>remove kebab
>create only good country in the middle east
>lots of jewesses

breddy good
>>
Ethnic cleansing isn't cool you edge lord
>>
>>886025
It's basically just generic European nationalism with [NAME OF NATION] crossed out and "Jews" scribbled in. People like Herzl and Jabotinsky and Ginzburg were extremely familiar with European intellectual life and wanted to do their own bit with a a Jewish version of secular-liberal nationalism.
>>
>>886086
>despite that Palestinian population actually having a fair number of Jews among them that would be excluded from the new Israeli identity.
Huh?
First of all the number of Jews in Palestine circa 1900 was minuscule, around 20-30K.
Second, all of those Jews (or their descendants) would become equal citizens in the newly founded Israel in 1948.
>>
>>886086
So it was a Jewish conspiracy?
>>
>>890417
Fuck off to pol
>>
File: hess-moses.jpg (33 KB, 242x293) Image search: [Google]
hess-moses.jpg
33 KB, 242x293
>>886025
A movement endowed with a cretin purpose, embedded in an even more cretin ideology, and that managed to built a perpetual threat to human civilization.

>>887086
>It's not like the proletariat so beloved of anti-nationalist Marxist intellectuals was something "naturally formed" either.

The Zionists and Marxists share a common taste for idiotic artificialities, fanciful conflicts, blind collectivism and a repugnance to everything that makes up civilization. In part, due to their common origin.
>>
>one hundred years from now
>Isreal is a smoking nuclear crater and all the nonevil jews say I told you so you fucking genocidal blasphemers
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.