[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can papists explain to me what's with the feet kissing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
File: 1458869958554.png (577 KB, 626x570) Image search: [Google]
1458869958554.png
577 KB, 626x570
Can papists explain to me what's with the feet kissing?

Not familiar with that ritual
>>
Pope has a foot fetish, could be worse. Could be much worse.
>>
>>884429
jesus did it at the last supper therefore its important to christians
>>
Its a sign of humbleness, meant as part (or a stand-in) for the religious tradition of washing the feet as Jesus had done for the apostles .
>>
>>884429
>Why are the soles of a man's feet paler than his face and his hand?
>t. Cao Cao
>>
>>884447
How would you get sunburns on the soles of your feet?

>>884429
Jesus did that stuff.

He also was kinda nice to gentiles, so I guess that's sort of what the Pope is going for? Except he isn't jewish, he is also a gentile, but you get what I'm saying.
>>
>christcucks
>>
>>884446
>>884444
>>884460
He did it to the apostles. Jesus kept company with REPENTANT sinners, not unbelievers.

This would be like Jesus washing the feet of the Pharisees, or unbelieving pagans.
>>
>>884429
It's a christian tradition associated with humility.

Christianity is all about that. The strong shall serve the weak.

>God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
Corinthians 1:27

The blacks are the tired, the oppressed, the weak, so it's good that they shame the strong whites.
>>
>>884429

Kind of sidetracking, but what's the deal with Christians and leprosy? I have Hansen's disease, and any time it comes up to someone who is devoutly Christian, they get all weird; doesn't always manifest itself the same way, but there is always a reaction, and often people wanting to touch my sores, which I don't have because I actually take my meds like a reasonably intelligent person.
>>
>>884544
You say that like it happens to you all the time. How many times has that actually happened to you?
>>
>>884552

Four separate incidents of either a person or a group wanting to touch me, two others which didn't.
>>
>>884523
In >>884460 I didn't say he washed the foots of gentiles, I said he was kinda nice to them. He said he said once he wasn't gonna help "dogs" (non-jews) but then did it anyway (healed a sick child).
>>
>>884560
Right but that's not what the Pope is doing. He is putting unbelievers on a pedestal. What's the deal?
>>
>>884560
Also that gentile had belief. So did the Roman soldier, etc. Hence why he told them to baptize all nations
>>
>>884429
Orthodox and many Protestants also wash feet
>>
>>884544
Jesus healing the lepers is a big moment in Gospel narrative.
>>
>>884544
>I have Hansen's disease
Poo in the Loo I guess
>>
>>884589

I'm American, not Indian.

>>884584

Is it really? I mean, I'm only really culturally Christian, and I know he healed a leper somewhere, but he's healing all sorts of sick people too. You don't see people who are lame or are blind or deaf or whatever getting similar treatment.
>>
>>884592
Brazilian then, how can you get leprosy at this day and age?
>>
>>884592
Yes, but there is cultural exposure to deafness and blindness everywhere else in culture. I wouldn't be surprised if most people's only real exposure to it was through Biblical narrative unless they had previously encountered a family or friend with it or were a medical professional.
>>
>>884596

No, American American, white as a sheet. Live in Illinois. You get about 100 cases of leprosy a year in the U.S. Lucky me.

>>884600

You have a point there anon.
>>
>>884603
but how, explain me how you can get leprosy in a so called developed country? really interested
>>
>>884544
Is it true that if you play some guitar you got minced meat?
>>
>>884605

If you really must know, likeliest mode of transmission was when I was doing some animal rescue in college. I handled a couple of obviously sick animals with my bare hands, and at least my doctors think I might have contracted Hansen's disease from one of the armadillos.

That's only an educated guess, mind you. Symptoms can sometimes not manifest for years after initial infection, so it might have been just coming into contact with someone who had it or was a carrier and I never knew until later.
>>
>>884544
They've probably never heard of it outside of the Bible.
It's like how Homer Simpson looked at a birdwatching book and was shocked to find out roadrunners are real.
>>
Typical Protestants, not understanding humility
>>
>>884617
Making a big show of how humble you are is just another form of arrogance.
>>
>>884614
So is it, with modern medical science, like HIV; shit but you can live with if you take these meds to keep healthy?
>>
>>884617
Protestants do it too you fucking goon. Holy shit I hate this meme of needlessly shitting on Protestantism.
>>
>>884638

Yes/no.

I am very likely cured. By WHO standards I am, although the CDC has slightly more stringent standards and to whom I'm just in permanent remission. The disease doesn't progress all that fast, it can be hard to tell the difference between the two. I can very probably stop taking my meds without problem, and I know of several other cases where people who were not fully cured and stopped medicating took years before anything significant happens.

However, the nerve damage that the things caused is here to stay, those things don't grow back, and these days, that's the biggest impact. I can't feel the bottoms of my feet or most of my fingers, and I always worry about stepping on something or cutting myself and not noticing it. I spend a lot of time checking out my hands to make sure I haven't picked up any scrapes or anything.
>>
File: papisthumility.jpg (336 KB, 735x549) Image search: [Google]
papisthumility.jpg
336 KB, 735x549
>>884617

Bitches don't know about my humility
>>
>>884641
I like it since Protabsurdism is just an illegitimate religion
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-24-23h09m04s879.jpg (115 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-24-23h09m04s879.jpg
115 KB, 1080x720
A spanish man wants to be black https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZkkVqRAlKE
>>
>>884655
Compensating for your illegitimacy?

The divine Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, as opposed to human writings; and the oral tradition or living faith of the catholic church from the apostles down, as opposed tothe varying opinions of heretical sects—together form one infallible source and rule of faith. Both are vehicles of the same substance: the saving revelation of God in Christ; with this difference in form and office, that the church tradition determines the canon, furnishes the key and true interpretation of the Scriptures, and guards them against heretical abuse. (Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, Eerdmans: Grand Rapids, MI, 1981 ed., vol. 3, p. 606)
>>
In ancient times, people use to wear sandals.

Their feet would get dirty when they walked places.

You couldn't enter a home with sandals on or dirty feet.

So, when a guest visited your home, you'd offer him some water so he could wash his own feet, or you'd get a servant to wash his feet for him, or if you were very hospitable, you'd wash his feet for him yourself.

You wouldn't get just your coreligionists visiting your home, either. This applied to everyone, except.

Naturally, foot washing became a symbol of hospitality, benevolence, and humility.

These refugees are literally guests in Europe, and the Pope is just showing them that they're welcome.
>>
File: cadaversynod.jpg (540 KB, 1920x1276) Image search: [Google]
cadaversynod.jpg
540 KB, 1920x1276
>>884666

>As opposed to human writings

Don't trust human writings Source: human writing
>>
>>884596
>how can you get leprosy at this day and age?
Armadillos, apparently.
>>
>>884698
>le formosus trial lel catholics are such cunts XDDD
step it up, jew lover heretic
>>
>>884614
Armadillos are disgusting disease-ridden animals only good for being roadkill. How did you even find an armadillo in Illinois? I see dead ones on the road all the time here in Texas but everybody knows better than to touch them because they carry leprosy and chagas disease and all kinds of shit.
>>
File: yeshua.jpg (19 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
yeshua.jpg
19 KB, 460x276
>>884763

>Jew lover
>>
>>884523

How do you know those people are unbelievers?
>>
The current pope is a satanist, kissing the feet of the cousins of people slaughtering Christians back at home.
>>
>>884560

Only after she begged and admitted all non-Jews were dogs.
>>
>>884698
Don't forget the part about Oral Tradition which you left out moron
>>
>>885378
Yeah and fuck all those people who call Saul of Tarsus a "Saint!" Don't you know he was like a 1st Century Osama bin Laden with how many Christians he killed? And if there's one thing we know, it's that people can't change, sins can't be forgiven and you shouldn't try to encourage people to change for the better! That's the Christian way!

See how retarded that sounds? That's you. That's how you sound.
>>
It's to show how everything Nietzsche wrote about Christianity was completely correct
>>
>>884605

Believe it or not, there are parts of a country that aren't as well kept as others. It's only normal that a country as massive as America will have some shitholes.
>>
>Christcucks
>>
>>884429
Borgolio is undoubtedly the most disgusting creature to set foot in the Vatican.
>>
>>886279
>Religion claims to be universal/only true one around.
>Complain when non-Europeans embrace it
Catholicism is slowly becoming more and more un-European nowadays since Europe isnt that much catholic anymore. Or if they were they're not practicing.

Meanwhile you have shitloads of true believers in Latin America/Africa/The Philippines. Deal with it.
>>
>>886310
Don't forget Asia. Quite a few of the most impoverished countries are reporting "alarming" conversion rates, and the giants like India or China have relatively small communities that still amount to fucktons of people.
Not to mention, converts are twice as zealous as the "cultural Christians".
>>
>>884429
The pope uses it as a false act of self-humiliation, to show that he's not above washing the feet of strangers.

It's an act. You can tell it's an act because there's pictures of it for you to see.
>>
Fucking disgusting.
Mainly because it's just an empty act with no significance nowadays.
>>
Small wonder the Romans considered Christianity to be a disgusting abomination. They were right.

A religion based on cock-sucking.
>>
>>885256
Because they were. Only 4 of them were christians out of twelve. There were 3 muslims.
>>
>>884694
But Jesus did it to the apostles to remind everyone that the church is at the service of believers, and not the opposite. He didn't do it to non-believers. And he certainly did not kiss their feet, only washed them.
>>
>>886354
Chinese Christians tend to be either protestant or homegrown.

Because Chinese do not like a church led by some white guy in Italy.
>>
>>886452
Sauce?
>>
>>884429
Pope Francis being an ultracuck, just like most of jesuits and argentinians
>>
>>884529
>reading it literally
blacks were not even within the early christian's cosmovision
>>
>>886496
http://fr.radiovaticana.va/news/2016/03/24/le_pape_fran%C3%A7ois_lave_les_pieds_de_onze_r%C3%A9fugi%C3%A9s_hommes_et_femmes/1217925
All twelve were asylum seekers too. He's the worst fucking pope.
>>
>>886482
Hong Kong produced a Cardinal at least, but it seems you're right. Only Hong Kong and Macau bow to the pope.
>>
>>886482
Smart. Inscrutable, but smart.
>>
>>886544
I'd say the gay pope who raped boys, was into bestiality, murdered people and raped their wives, was worse.
>>
>>886698
no, you don't understand, he's the worst because he's a ""cultural marxist""
>>
>>886734
Ah. Carry on.
>>
>>886698
>>886734
>>886735
>everything is literal
wew
he's the worst because he is supposed to be the voice of the church and uses it for his own political message. Because he bows down to other religions in a time where christians desperately need a leader and the faith is shrinking everyday.
Because he tells other people to accept refugees, while he lives in a literally walled-off city-state.
>>
I hate the type of Christians the board attracts.
>>
>>886452
Muslims are unitarian christians with one very important saint though
>>
>>886778
Catholics are not Christians.

They are the Whore of Babylon.
>>
>>886767
Jesus told his followers to love their enemies and persecutors. Seems like the pope is just following the teachings of his God
>>
>>886767
>he's the worst because he is supposed to be the voice of the church

If you are a Catholic it's not that he is 'supposed to be' the voice of the church HE IS the voice of the church. The holy spirit acts through him. What he promotes is God's will.

Part of the deal in Catholism, or any religion with a claim to absolute morality is that you don't get to make choices. They've been made for your by God and his Vicar acts through him.
>>
>>884619
You understand all other clergy also participate right?
>>
>>884447
Haha caca :DDDD
>>
>>889174
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcge7eppKo4
>>
>>884429
It's actually totally in line with the gospel and this anti-papist propaganda is what got Christ crucified in the first place. Christianity is A RELIGION OF PEACE
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.