[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Aliens came down, fucked up the worlds collective armed forces
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: advanced-exopolitics.jpg (52 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
advanced-exopolitics.jpg
52 KB, 700x350
If Aliens came down, fucked up the worlds collective armed forces in a few days and rather than eliminating us they started ruling the planet do you think human societies would continue rebelling if the aliens actually did a better job than human governments or would nationalism and nepotism drive us to further rebellion?

Are there examples of nationalistic movements rebelling against foreigners who were doing a better job than the local strong men?
>>
>>883324
south africa
>>
>>883324
Arguable but Native Americans come to mind.
>>
>>883331
More of a resistance with a subsequent gradual move to rebellion of the upper classes once they had been assimilated into Spanish culture.

>>883327
go back to /pol/
>>
>>883327
Not to forget Rhodesia.
>>
>>883343
maybe the first thing that popped into my head offended you
its alright i mean there are other examples >>883359
>>
>>883324
Yes, the xenos must be purged.
>>
>>883324
IMO Ayyliens would have a better shot at turning developing countries against the world powers.

Like, i dunno, improving, developing, and then siccing out Latinos VS. North America, Africans vs. the Middle East/Europe, and Southeast Asians vs. East Asians.

Historically the most successful colonial ops always had the participation of local entities.
>>
>>883324
Humans consistently rebel if they aren't governed by their own group no matter how good the leadership is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9foi342LXQE

Though assuming the rulers manage to keep their rule, this usually peters out and the citizens become content, eventually forgetting and even identifying themselves as members of the ruling class, though this would be much harder when they're clearly fucking aliens.
>>
>>883324
>if the aliens actually did a better job than human governments

Hmmm...
What do you mean by 'better?' More efficient? More organized? More equal? What really matters is freedom. Humans have survived societies of low-living conditions for pretty much all of human history, but the arts, the humanities, only could flourish under freedom. Post-Stalin, post-Mao, post-Hitler art and literature suffered, society suffered, if the aliens took our freedom we would be morally obligated to resist.
>>
>>883324
>nepotism
What, like an alien getting promoted to assistant manager at Target instead of me?
Yeah, that would piss me off
>>
File: Colonialism.png (432 KB, 1304x1818) Image search: [Google]
Colonialism.png
432 KB, 1304x1818
>>883324
>>
>>883456
People are aware that that thing is one sided, right?
There aren't any Brittish nationalists that think the Britts only did good things for the locals, right?
>>
>>883462
It's not about doing good it's about being better than the local rulers who also didn't give a shit about the poor but weren't talented enough to build a steam engine.
>>
>>883331
Better governing for white settlers maybe, natives under the USA get the joy of internment camps and having their children taken to be indoctrinated into WASP culture.
>>
>>883438
kekd
>>
>>883468
Did they ever place a salt tax in the same way the Britts did, or make millions of people starve to death because they forced them to farm something else?
And the Brittish influence on India is up to debate, some argues that they did slow down the industrialization of the place.
>>
>>883486
>Did they ever place a salt tax in the same way the Britts did, or make millions of people starve to death because they forced them to farm something else?
They went to war for petty reasons and caused millions of death over the centuries. The British aren't any better but again they introduce technology the place had no hope of getting on their own and the very idea of secular parliamentary democracy that they use now.

>And the Brittish influence on India is up to debate

Only by retards.
>>
>>883486
The entire point of that pic isn't "British are great", it's "everyone is shitty, but some guys are bigger assholes and we're retards for selecting one group of assholes just because they're our assholes when there are other less shitty assholes"
>>
File: 50555102.jpg (34 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
50555102.jpg
34 KB, 720x540
>>883324

Spain. Yes.

Till the very last man and woman standing.
>>
>>883513
Y?
>>
>>883324
Implying they wouldn't just take all the resources they could then put us into a black hole for calling them ayy lmaos one too many times.
>>
>>883514

What?
>>
>>883524
Why would they rebel?
>>
>>883523
Yes anon, he was implying they wouldn't do that, that is exactly what he was implying. Good job you got it.
>>
>>883527

Because Spain is Spain.
>>
>>883324
>Are there examples of nationalistic movements rebelling against foreigners who were doing a better job than the local strong men?

The whole Free Tibet shtick
>>
we will rebel and succeed

vigilo confido
>>
>>883324
>aliumz
>btfo-ing US of A

keep dreaming yuropoors.
>>
>>883327
indeed, the Boers should never have started a war with the British empire given that rule by the Brits was infinitely superior to rule by a bunch of uneducated smelly peasants
>>
>>883359
>Most people were starving

Saying Rhodesia was good for the majority is like saying that the holocast was good for the Jews.
1% lived well while the rest lived horribly.
>>
If the aliens really would have good intentions and their system of government would be indeed superior in every way to ours, then humans would probably realize that it's pointless to rebel.
Of course, there would be uprisings and uproars here and there, but I don't think these uprisings really would gain support.

But your situation is rather unrealistic. I doubt aliens would have good intentions if they decided to start fighting us in the first place.
>>
>>885676
Now it's 0%.
>>
Childhood's end
>>
>>883486
I don't think India ever would have industrialized without significant outside influence/massive die offs/or social upheaval
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.