[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ Why were Souther Europeans rejected in the U.S and Australia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 323x455) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 323x455
/his/
Why were Souther Europeans rejected in the U.S and Australia?
>>
They are Catholics.
Can't have what we use as a substitute for Jews in our conspiracy theories in our countries, can we?
>>
>>882798

Cause they were insecure of their own whiteness so they have to bash others to feel better and avoid being suspected.
>>
>>882798
they were?
>>
>>882798
Catholics. Same reason why the irish were rejected.
I mean, just go read some anglo literature about catholics from the 1750-1850 period, it's downright hilarious. They made /pol/ look like swedes.
>>
File: image.png (9 KB, 267x252) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9 KB, 267x252
>>882828
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_Act_of_1924
>>
>>882822
>>882854
What about the French though? Were they treated badly like the Irish and Italians for being Catholics? Or were they left off the hook for helping Americans in the revolutionary war and the Louisiana Purchase?
>>
>>882798
They were inferior.
http://www.amerika.org/politics/the-american-nativists-were-right-2/
>>
>>883919
Unlike the italians and irish, the french arrived on the continent as first colonizers for the most part, and even the late immigration from Canada was focused on scarcely populated areas of the country. This meant less conflict with the established inhabitants. Compare with the italians and irish arriving en masse to port cities and mostly staying in the surrounding areas, overloading the local job market and infrastructures.
>>
>>882798
Their culture was totally different, so allowing them would've caused unnecessary societal tension.
>>
>>882828
>doesn't know basic early american history
>>
>>884003
What do you expect from an American?
>>
>>882798
They were poor uneducated peasants immigrating to already kinda full countries. This is always going to cause resentment in the locals, regardless of your culture. Hell the fucking germs were discriminated against in 19th century US.
>>
>>884005
I'm american fuckwit.
>>
>>884014
>the states
>straya
>full
>>
Were Italians discriminated against because of race or because they are catholic?

I know some Italians don't look like the average white
>>
>>884229
Catholics primarily, but they were often stereotyped as having a Med complexion, and there were some movements in the "racial sciences" community (mostly among the Nordicists) to classify Mediterraneans as being their own distinct group.
>>
>>884208
What, no country is "full" until it's horrendously over-populated, with no true wild spaces left and infrastructure in the cities and settled areas overwhelmed the numbers trying to use it? That was precisely what we were trying to avoid.
>>
>>884249
Mussolini himself followed "Mediterraneanism", which asserted that Mediterraneans were distinct from Germanics.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.