[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question /his/. What is the name for the nomadic peoples
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: mongols.jpg (53 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
mongols.jpg
53 KB, 750x500
I have a question /his/.
What is the name for the nomadic peoples of central asian?
The Huns,Turks,Mongols etc. do they have a common name or are they completely different peoples.The swiss,swdes,germans are referred to as Germanics is there such a name for these types of people?
>>
>>879284
steppe niggers
>>
Steppe peoples. I haven't heard a different or more specific term used.

They were basically a melange of ethnicities which were grouped more by language then anything else.
>>
>>879291
Pretty much.

Most just use the more PC "steppe peoples," though.
>>
Eurasian Nomads
>>
>>879284
They're not one language family like Germanic

The best we have is steppe nomads
>>
>>880751
Yep. Although by the late Middle Ages they were largely Turkic/Mongolic. I think the "White Huns" were actually much later to be revealed as being Eastern Iranic then believed to be Turkic or Hunnic in the past.
>>
>>879284
'Altaic' is sometimes used to lump them all together under one language family, but nobody really supports that theory anymore. 'Turanian' is a romantic term coming from Iranian mythology that's generally used by people like Turkish nationalists and isn't really taken seriously.

Steppe Nomads, Steppe Niggers, or Eurasian Nomads are the generally accepted terms.
>>
>>879284
15th to 19th century Europe just called everyone there "Tartars."
>>
>>879284
turks and mongols that's all.
>>
>>881823
This.
>>
>>881823
You forgot Scythians/Sarmatians.
>>
>>879284
Turkics+mongols.
>>
>>879284
Huns, Turks, Mongols are generally referred to as Turko-Mongolian peoples.

The Scythians, Sarmatians, Alans, et. al. were Indo-European Iranic speakers, however, so they don't count in that blanket term. Neither do the Magyars.
>>
File: Scythia-Parthia_100_BC.png (90 KB, 550x350) Image search: [Google]
Scythia-Parthia_100_BC.png
90 KB, 550x350
>>
>>879284
ARR ROOK DA SAME
>>
>>881957
Sarmatians migrated and branched off from Scythians when moving through Eurasia into Central Europe.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.