[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Middle Ages Small Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: munster14-1024x826.jpg (351 KB, 1024x826) Image search: [Google]
munster14-1024x826.jpg
351 KB, 1024x826
Click here to shitpost about the middle ages.

Look for sources, h8, r8 and deb8.
>>
I'll start us off:

Does anyone know of a book/website with letters (in English) written in the middle ages?

Especially letters written during wartime.

(hurr durr I'm a writer writing some shitty ass short story and didn't want to make another "I'm a writer" thread).
>>
Bump

Jeez when did this board get fast?
>>
>>878757
I found these. Browsed them a little. Kind of interesting. I'm going to look for other sources and post them here. There was an anon who posted not too long ago a letter that was a list of things required for a military campaign during the middle ages, and I was wondering if anyone had that. I think it was a translation from Italian, though.

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/cme/Paston?rgn=main;view=toc
>>
>>878800
This is what I was looking for and it was pretty interesting. It's apparently in the appendix of a book called The Artillery of the Dukes of Burgundy, 1363-1477, along with other accounts which costs more money than I'm really interested in spending on a book that I don't plan on reading cover to cover.

http://www.dielanden.nl/deelgenootschap/Compagnied'Ordonnance/compagnie_de_ordonnance/logistics.html
>>
>>878826
Well a pdf isn't available on libgen, so I guess I'm stuck with the google books preview.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.