[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Reconquista took approximately 770 years to be completed.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
The Reconquista took approximately 770 years to be completed. Is there still hope /his/?
>>
people are to irreligious. We could steamroll MENA if we cared.
>>
>>878041
Hope for what exactly?
For a powerful caliphate to retake the Iberian Peninsula? I mean its technically possible, if NATO is completely impotent.
>>
>>878068
I was actually referring to the Byzantine Empire making a comeback, pretty much like christian Spain did.

I'm sorry, I thought my point was fairly clear considering the map I posted.
>>
>>878099
christian spain never ceased to exist
ERE did
>>
>>878099
In that case, nah. Its been over 500 year since the fall of the empire. At this point a revival of the Empire would have to come from the EU growing a pair.
>>
>>878099
The Greeks no Longer see themselfs as Romans so no
>>
>>878184
>WE WUZ BYZANTINES AND SHIT
>>
>>878336
The only people that MIGHT feel that way is the three percent Orthodox Christian population of Istanbul
>>
>>878068
NATO won't become militarily impotent, but that can be done within one century through peaceful migrations, if the european fertility rate in spain remains at around 1,5.
That means each generation is 25% less populous than their parent's, which requires immigration to compensate according to economists, and morrocans are volunteering.
>>
>>878068
NATO is on the team islam now.
>>
File: 1456014917266 (1).jpg (93 KB, 501x720) Image search: [Google]
1456014917266 (1).jpg
93 KB, 501x720
>>878041
No. Modern Turkey isn't that weak and borders in this day and age are pretty much almost seen as fixed.
>>
>>878099
Um, no. Greece is too busy trying to get people to pay swimming pool taxes while Turkey is reforming itself into a neo-Ottoman Empire with NATO/EU's help.
>>
>>878099
Precisely this: >>878112
Most of the Spanish population remained Christian, and speaking a Latin language. The reconquest just changed the jurisdiction. But it would be much more difficult if the majority of the population was Muslim.

In the case of the Roman Empire, well, the Turkish population is prevalent, and the Greek population lacks Romanic identity. Last time they tried the "Megali Greece", the Greeks were expelled en masse from Asia Minor and Eastern Thrace. And it seems to me they deserved.
>>
File: greeksparthenon.jpg (182 KB, 1648x355) Image search: [Google]
greeksparthenon.jpg
182 KB, 1648x355
>>878099
You sure you're okay man? Had any high fevers or concussions lately?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.