[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Year is 1943
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Europe_1943.gif (16 KB, 550x500) Image search: [Google]
Europe_1943.gif
16 KB, 550x500
Germany and its European friends and the Allies have agreed on a peace treaty. It allows Russia to maintain it's pre-war borders so long as Germany can keep its other gains including France.

Germany breaks its ties with Japan allowing the allies to destroy Japanese influence in the Pacific. Over the next 2 years the coalition effort to eradicate Japan succeeds and America still develops the atomic bomb.

What does the next 10 years look like? 50?
>>
>>877159

>Nazi Germany collapses
>Allies eradicate Germs
>>
>>877159
Germany goes bankrupt.
>>
Revolts everywhere in occupied ebin gross Germany, economy is in the shitter, also basing your entire economy off working agriculture is pretty fucking stupid.
>>
File: bye_bye_polio.jpg (342 KB, 1403x1008) Image search: [Google]
bye_bye_polio.jpg
342 KB, 1403x1008
Soviets doesnt stop and allies dont make a peace woth fagermans
>>
>>877159

Why would the allies agree to a peace treaty under those conditions? 1943 is just when the German forces were cracking.

Honestly, most likely outcome is Russia re-declares war after a year or two to consolidate and re-arm, and smashes the Germans, very probably with Western Allied help, who would be furious at the notion of Germany keeping hold of France.
>>
>>877164
>>877165
>>877170
These
Hitler was a retard
>>
Do you think the Soviets would happily sign a peace treaty, especially after Stalingrad?
>>
It would be interesting to see what happens to all the former German allies (Italy, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Croatia, Albania). Do they get gobbled up by Russians or does their version of fascism / conservative authoritarianism survive?
>>
>>877159
More realistic option would be peace in 1941 except Germany gives up France and makes most of Poland into a client state
>>
>>877186

No I don't. I could have made it early 1942, but I didn't want to explain away what happens with North Africa. Same reason with Japan. It's a hypothetical.

I'm interested in what a Nazi Germany Europe in the mid-to-late 20th century would look like and how it would affect history.

>>877197

Agreed. I just wanted to think through what a Cold War era would look like with a 3rd major power. By 1943 Germany had loads of problems, but if given 10 years of peace I think they would have quite a few less.

>>877205

Fair enough. Do you think that a 3rd world war would be inevitable.
>>
>>877255
>I'm interested in what a Nazi Germany Europe in the mid-to-late 20th century would look like and how it would affect history.

The problem is, unless you hugely alter a Nazi Germany so much that it essentially isn't a Nazi Germany anymore, it's too intrinsically hostile to the existing political order to do anything but fight against it and triumph or die trying.

And they don't have the resources to take on the rest of the world. I really can't think of any way of making a peace between the various Allied major powers and Germany, on more or less equal terms, a stable political setup.
>>
>>877269

Maybe Hitler dies after the treaty. Or a coup is enacted.
>>
File: 1458652027717.jpg (193 KB, 912x960) Image search: [Google]
1458652027717.jpg
193 KB, 912x960
At the time of 1943 russians were winning
>>
>>877274

It's not just Hitler. The entire party platform is based around revanchism for defeats in WW1, establishment of Germany as a European continental hegemon, and the destruction of "Judeo-Bolshevism".

The U.S. and UK are never really going to tolerate point #2, and the Soviets are going to have objections to point #3.

You wouldn't just need to have a coup, you'd need to have some kind of coup and demolition of the Nazi ideology from within, and I can't see something like that happening without the powers Germany is already at war with rushing in like wolves to take advantage of the chaos.

And then, if they do reform/revolt into some kind of kinder, gentler German government, and don't get wiped out while they're undergoing the transition, I can't see them wanting to vie for the superpower status alongside the Americans and the Soviets, because really, why would they?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.