[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /pol/ told me to come here. About to have a debate in a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: debate-cartoon.png (106 KB, 500x431) Image search: [Google]
debate-cartoon.png
106 KB, 500x431
So /pol/ told me to come here. About to have a debate in a few hours and my side of the debate is to list ways in which the organizations at the time (hegemons or international institutions) could have prevented the World Wars while at the same time using the economic interconnectitveness of the nations at the time to grow more wealthy/powerful themselves.

The other guy is going to debate reasons why the war war inevitable no matter what the organizations did. My friend will record the debate. I hope you help and enjoy the results.
>>
>war war

Sorry I meant world wars
>>
If everyone had just decided to bomb Prussia when they started to make a fuzz with Denmark everything would have been fine.
>>
You're definitely on the harder side of the debate.

If the great powers of the time could have somehow formed a proto league of nations, passed SUCCESSFUL arms reduction treaties to stop the arms race, not had the big alliances which ended up dragging everyone into the war, signed free trade deals...

Basically what kept peace after WW2 was the Bretton Woods economic system, the european economic community (proto-EU) + nukes, and none of that was really possible pre-war, there just wasn't any intellectual support, or public awareness or anything of that nature. Neither did any of the powers realise how bad the war would be in terms of casualties and the massive destruction of accumulated wealth of Europe.
>>
>>877005
He's going to wipe the floor with you, the positions are too uneven.

Also we aren't going to do your homework.
>>
>>877013
>world wars

I need fucking coffee, meant to say world war was.

>>877031

This debate isn't homework, I can sure as hell assure you I'm sweating at the thought of even coming to class today as im not a good speaker.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.