[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christianity and Homosexuality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: brother thomas on homosexuality.jpg (592 KB, 600x4413) Image search: [Google]
brother thomas on homosexuality.jpg
592 KB, 600x4413
Is this true? So it's okay as long as it's love, not lust?
>>
>Humon

Please dont take that danish lesbian seriously.
>>
>>876830
This is only the tenth time this exact thread has been posted, famalamadingdong
>>
Leviticus 18:22

>Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

Leviticus 20:13

>If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable

Corinthians 6:9-10

>Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

It is OK to be gay if you only feel attraction to men but don't act on your attraction. There is a big Catholic gay group that argues this.
>>
>>877019
Doesn't the catholic church now accept that you are born gay, just that you cannot act on it?
>>
>>877019
Jesus says that you can sin in your mind too, so technically you're fucked even if you don't act on it.
>>
>>877073
Yeah. That's the point.
>>
>>877019

>Leviticus

New Covenant, anon, just look at the content of of the rules in Leviticus before you start quoting them.

>Corinthians

Jesus said nothing against homosexuality.
>>
>>877087
In all three of those passages it makes it clear that only sex with other men is a sin, not loving another man.
>>
>>877087
>Jesus says that you can sin in your mind too
I'm pretty sure that it refers to wanting to sin but not doing it for reasons other than the sinfulness of the action itself (like: I'm gonna get caught). If you thought about sinning but didn't because you know it's bad it's ok.
>>
>>877087

Yes, that is the basis of Christianity. You're sinning and committing adultery if you see a woman with a pretty face and momentarily think about her in your mind.
>>
I am in a homosexual relationship right now.
My partner is Catholic Christian but kinda agnostic, I was raised secular and am not confirmed.
Is there any monotheistic religion with good philosophy that will accept me and let me marry? Now I talk about philosophy behind the religion and not necessarily the politics behind it.
>>
>>877257

Depends where you live, if you are in the US look at the Episcopal church.
>>
>>876830
That cartoon made my skin crawl.

The bible's fairly clear that God made man and woman to join together in sexual union to create one being out of two, and that the fruit of that union would be children who would go forth and also multiply, and cover the earth.

Anything contrary to that is contrary to God's design for us.

(Sin is pleasurable for a season, but the end of sin is death.)
>>
>>877105
Jesus said God made men and woman to join in union and produce children. He said it in terms of being asked about divorce.

If you think Jesus would be okay with homosexuality, you have not come to grips with the fact that the God in the OT and the God in the NT are both Jesus. And you have fundamentally glossed over how God dealt with Sodom and Gomorrah.
>>
>>877272
Sweden.
>>
>>877257
I'm curious why that would be important to you.
>>
>>877332
>God in the OT is Jesus
nice coherent belief system christians
>>
>>877352
It's kind of awesome when you realize it's true.
>>
>>877257
I'm gay and married, but honestly why the fuck do you need to be wed at a church?
>>
>>877361
Oh, good catch. I missed the " I want to be married in a church" thing. I'm still pondering over why any gay couple wants to be married, unless there's some specific benefit from the government that flows easier to married gay couples than gay couples.
>>
>>877366
>I'm still pondering over why any gay couple wants to be married

Tax and insurance benefits, that's why I got married.
>>
>>877332
The sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was a lack of hospitality, not homosexuality.
>>
>>877383
But there's a marriage tax penalty, not advantage, and insurance benefits go to whomever is designated on the policy.
>>
>>877385
It was idolatry.
>>
>>877385
It may have started out that way, yes. And that sin grew, and festered, and became a place where the men of the city would lay hands on and forcibly sodomize strangers, which would be the height of a lack of hospitality.
>>
>>877337

I don't know then. I don't know anything about Swedenish churches.
>>
>>877019
> Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
So only do anal with men and the rest with women, big deal.
>>
>>877405

I guess all the women and children had to die then.
>>
File: 1452120702988.jpg (143 KB, 500x1280) Image search: [Google]
1452120702988.jpg
143 KB, 500x1280
No.
>>
>actually caring what some books written in the 1st and 2nd centuries say and structuring your life around them

Literally cuck-tier.
>>
>>877402
>marriage tax penalty

Nope nigga. Only if the incomes are equal.
>>
>>877303
>Anything contrary to that is contrary to God's design for us.

that's exactly the point of the cartoon: homosex is no more unholy than masturbation, use contraception, netflix & chill.
Also that it's as stupid to identify yourself based on who you last had sex with as it is with the last thing you ate (I'm a Ham-n-cheese-sandwich-with-Mustard-lim).

I'm not saying I agree with the stance, but I can see some truth in the argument.
>>
>>877468
The cartoon pretended that an entire host of sexual activity is fine, because it is just the flesh involved. That's a gnostic belief that I reject as false.
>>
>>877424
Me neither, maybe should head to the theologians at my university and ask.
>>
>>877438
Yes. Without their men, they would die slower.
>>
>>877463
Or inequal. The standard deduction for married people is less than twice the standard deduction for single people.
>>
>>877468

This was my interpretation too. It's pretty clear that these behaviors are all considered sinful. However, there are obviously degrees of sinfulness within the particular place and time the comic is referring to, and I have to part ways with it on the idea that they are all equally sinful.
>>
File: 1430391560763.jpg (24 KB, 265x231) Image search: [Google]
1430391560763.jpg
24 KB, 265x231
>>876830
Brother Thomas is pretty cute. I'd kiss him.
>>
>>876830
It's ok as long as you don't have gay sex or masturbate to gay shit. Only gay wet dreams allowed sorry.
>>
>>877505
Same, I would hid under his dress
>>
>>876830
>Love has to be sexual.

Two bros who love each other is not gay. Unless they're bros who bum each other.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.