[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/quotes/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 645x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 645x500
Post your favorite quotes by a historicle leader/general. I'm specifically looking for a quote about the fall of Constantinople by Mehemed the Comquerer but I can't seem to find it.
>>
>>876681
This is what he told the Persians before he BTFO'd then
>>
File: 20111004klphisuni_3_Ies_SCO.jpg (54 KB, 260x393) Image search: [Google]
20111004klphisuni_3_Ies_SCO.jpg
54 KB, 260x393
>>876681

"Deliberation is the work of many men. Action, of one alone" - Charles de Gaulle
>>
File: Juliuscaesar.jpg (87 KB, 390x513) Image search: [Google]
Juliuscaesar.jpg
87 KB, 390x513
"I am the Senate"
>>
>>876714

Islam is such a martial death cult.
>>
>>876681
>When Heraclius captured Phocas, he asked him, "Is this how you have ruled, wretch?" Phocas said in reply, "And will you rule better?"

>proceed to then kick Persian ass
>>
File: 1456354421321-his.jpg (102 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1456354421321-his.jpg
102 KB, 600x400
>>
File: ManholeCover.jpg (804 KB, 1836x2448) Image search: [Google]
ManholeCover.jpg
804 KB, 1836x2448
Would you have a great empire? Rule over yourself.

-Publius Syrus
>>
All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action.

-Muhammad
>>
'I like my wife's son'

-Napoleon
>>
>>876714
Aaaaaaaaaand Persia is ruined.
>>
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

-Napoleon Bonaparte
>>
>>876681
«Γαμώ την πίστιν σας kαι τον Μωχαμέτη σας. Τι θαρεύσετε kερατάδες… Δεν εντρέπεσθε να ζητείτε “από ημάς” συνθήkην με “έναν” kοντζιά σkατο-Σουλτάν Μαχμούτην -να τον χέσω kαι αυτόν kαι τον Βεζίρην σας kαι τον Εβραίον Σιλιχτάρ Μπόδα την πουτάνα. Άμα ζήσω, θα τους γαμήσω, άμα πεθάνω θα μου kλάσουν τον μπούτσον»

"Fuck your belief, and your Muhammed, do you dare, bastards. Have you no shame "asking us" for a treaty with "one" shitty Sultan Mahmud, I shall shit on him and your Vezir and the Jew Silihtar Botha the whore. If I live, I shall fuck them, if I die they shall fart on my dick (Greek equivalent of: They won't do shit).
General Theodore Karaiskakis of the Greek Revolutionaries in the Greek War for Independence of 1821
>>
File: fall-of-constantinople.jpg (438 KB, 1536x1952) Image search: [Google]
fall-of-constantinople.jpg
438 KB, 1536x1952
>>876681
On entering the city, Mehmed II found himself quoting Saadi the thirteenth century poet:

> "The spider weaves the curtains in the palace of the Caesars/ the owl calls the watches in the towers of Afrasiab"
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.