[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alternate history question. WW2 starts as in our timeline with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image_554.jpg.resize.800x450.jpg (33 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
image_554.jpg.resize.800x450.jpg
33 KB, 800x450
Alternate history question.

WW2 starts as in our timeline with Eastern European countries falling, then France. After a short Battle for Britain, Italy takes Malta and Italy along with Germany engage in Mediterranean campaign.

In 1941 however, Hitler does not attack Soviet union. He waits.

As war drags on and Japan attacks USA and USA eventually land in Africa, Germany opts for an organized withdrawal. Up to 1943 they fight the British and Americans, then sucesfully withdraw to Italy and other occupied territories.

During all this time Germany is frantically training armies of Eastern allies and Wermacht army groups in the East. They expect Stalin to attack and in 1944 he indeed does.

What happens? Could Germany, after absorbing initial blow of Red army simply encircle army after army with sort of counter-blitzkrieg and eventually get to a stalemate and peace? With Germany not bleeding in the East for three years, would USA and Britain even concider invading European mainland?
>>
File: do_it_tbh.jpg (63 KB, 550x448) Image search: [Google]
do_it_tbh.jpg
63 KB, 550x448
>it's the "stalin was preparing to attack muh good boi hitler who dindu nuffin wrong" meme again
>>
>>876339
Oh chill the fuck up. Both ideologies were on a road to impacting each other, there was no question IF war would happen, but when.
>>
>>876342
even if we somehow agree with this opinion, then 44 is way, way, way too early - what we do actually know (as opposed to icebreaker-tier tinfoil hat speculations) is that just before the invasion (in 40-41, basically a couple months prior) stalin instructed his staff to consider the possibility of a german invasion in the upcoming "couple of years" and that is what they primarily planned for at the time, an overall defensive plan against a german invasion a few years down the road, a far cry from invading germany/europe
>>
>>876342
One ideology didn't call for the literal extermination and colonization of the other side's lands in its manifesto.
>>
>>876331
>Italy takes Malta
Through magic?

>Hitler does not attack Soviet union.
How is he going to pay the Soviet Union for the trade debts?

Go wank on >>>/hc/
>>
>>876351
Interesting. I was sure Red army would be fully organized by 44' and ready to go.

>>876354
Read up, dumbass.

>The state of Malta's defences was poor, verging on non-existent. This stemmed from a pre-war conclusion that the island was indefensible.[16] The Italian and British surface fleets were evenly matched in the region, but the Italians had far more submarines and aircraft. The British, in particular the Admiralty, had to protect the Suez Canal with the Mediterranean Fleet, under Admiral Andrew Cunningham, and Gibraltar with Force H, under Vice-Admiral James Somerville.[16] In October 1939, the Mediterranean Fleet was moved east to Egypt, practically stripping the island of its naval protection.
>>
>>876373
Tell me again how the Italian navy managed to successfully blockade Malta with German assistance and the competence of the Italians at naval landing.

Blow it out your arse you nazi wank boy.
>>
>>876412
>facts
>you

sorry m80
>>
>>876416
I think you've demonstrated you have as shallow a reading of Italian naval preparedness as you do of German economics.

If you're not going to wank on >>>/hc/ take your pure fantasy to >>>/x/.
>>
>>876421
You crying does not make wiki and historical facts any less true. Sorry, Britaboo, but the only reason Italy did not take Malta in 1941 was commitment to to other theathres.

You throwing a tantrum on /his/ does not change these facts.

Sowwy
>>
>>876373
>I was sure Red army would be fully organized by 44' and ready to go.

But itd still be the incompetent army and stavka all but destroyed in reality and not the reformed and reorganized red army that actually won the war.
>>
>>876427
You've not provided a single citation for the opposed naval landing capacity of the Italian navy.

>make wiki
I see you're one of those. Reread the sticky.
>>
>>876486
I suggest you join chemtrailers or anti-vaxxers. With your ability to ignore facts you'd do well.
>>
>>876331

>Italy takes Malta and Italy along with Germany engage in Mediterranean campaign.
>In 1941 however, Hitler does not attack Soviet union.
>and USA eventually land in Africa

Spot the incongruence, lads
>>
>>876658
What fact? Your speculative assertion that the Italian navy had an opposed marine landing capacity?

Your speculation belongs in the ASB forum.
>>
>Stalin was planing to attack Nazi Germany
Reminder that Stalin trusted Hitler was going to honour their non-aggression pact to the point he had a german deserter shot for trying to warn him about Hitler's plan.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.