[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell all you can about Rome, as Republic or Empire Religon,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7
File: senatus popu romm.png (99 KB, 2376x1584) Image search: [Google]
senatus popu romm.png
99 KB, 2376x1584
Tell all you can about Rome, as Republic or Empire

Religon, Politics, Military

All of that good Shit
>>
They liked gay sex, not as much as the greeks, but they still did it. Also Trajan best emperor and best column.
>>
>>875662
Trajan was Dank but he ain't got shit on this badASS
>>
>>875671
I've never heard of this guy before. He's a mother fucking pimp, though.
>>
File: rubicon.jpg (55 KB, 451x720) Image search: [Google]
rubicon.jpg
55 KB, 451x720
>>875582
Currently taking Intro to Roman Civ at UNC Greensboro, so ask me shit because I know some shit.

Also ERE> Monarchist Rome> Imperial Rome> Republican Rome> WRE
>>
File: Then fall Caesar.jpg (39 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Then fall Caesar.jpg
39 KB, 480x270
>>875693
Do you think the killing of Caesar was justified?
>>
File: spoiler image.jpg (335 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
spoiler image.jpg
335 KB, 2048x1536
>>875891
Nah, Senators were being fucking fags and didn't think things through.

DESU I think Caesar ultimately would have worked to restore balance to the Republic and fix shit. Instead they killed the nigga, pissed off everyone, and got years of civil war followed by power-hungry (if effective) Augustus, who set the stage for years of batshit crazy emperors.

The plan backfired to an almost absurd degree.
Justified? Maybe, we can't really be sure what Caesar was thinking. Good idea? Absolutely not.
>>
File: 1452518971900.png (357 KB, 680x662) Image search: [Google]
1452518971900.png
357 KB, 680x662
Arminius' victory 2007 years ago caused WWII
>>
File: 0678 - 3pizEKl.png (13 KB, 530x492) Image search: [Google]
0678 - 3pizEKl.png
13 KB, 530x492
>>875891
Absolutely

Everyone in Rome was already a bit iffy about going into Gaul in the first place. He brutalized the region, which was basically Afghanistan at the time, and only became super popular because of the common folk.

The Roman system was designed to avoid people like him: charismatic, power hungry, dodgy morals. It was too late and the masses fell in love with him, which he used to his advantage.
>>
>>875693
>Monarchist Rome
Why do you think the Roman Kingdom (which we barely know anything about) was in any way good?
>>
>>877408
You're an idiot, and fundamentally misunderstand the REAL problems impacting Rome at the time, i.e. the optimates fucking over honourable Roman soldiers who had served their time defending their country and were being rewarded for it by being made unemployed and forced to beg in the street because the rich would rather have unpaid slaves till all their latifundia estates.

Not too dissimilar from now desu.

Caesar wanted to rectify the situation, he enacted some very smart reformist policies (obviously mostly to get him support)

>>875582
In 4th-5th century A.D. Rome even owning a purple cloak was enough to make people think you were planning on launching a coup since it was the emperor's colour.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.