[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Henry VIII. Beta King?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Henry_VIII.jpg (216 KB, 652x825) Image search: [Google]
Henry_VIII.jpg
216 KB, 652x825
I know Henry VIII is supposed to be the vision of a strong king, but has there been a king anymore beta than him when it comes to women?

Consider his wives...

1. Catherine of Aragon... was supposed to marry the older brother until he died. Oh well, any Tutor son is as good as the next.

2. Anne Boleyn... wouldn't put out until he married her. Henry went for it, even though it meant killing off his most loyal friends and setting the country up for decades of violence.

3. Jane Seymour... finally a wife that gave him a son, but she dies off a few days later.

4. Anne of Cleves... gets engaged to a women he's never seen. Trusts the painter to make a life-like image, but he airbrushes her so much that Henry doesn't realize he's a sucker until it's too late.

5. Catherine Howard... was fucking around with anyone who happened to be handy.

6. Catherine Parr.... and old lady, a bit of a nag, but he was a dying old man, so I guess that's good enough.
>>
He wrote a song called Pastime with Good Company, which is very catchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YcDFOu6qWw
>>
>>875583

I didn't know he was the Justine Beiber of his day.

From what I read, this was written when he first landed on the throne.

I'd hate to see the song he would write near the end.
>>
>>875572
Henry allowed his feeling for women to define everything about him, including how he governed his state and his personal faith. Its the most beta shit I've ever heard of. Anne Boleyn was the most successful beta hunter of all time ... other then the beheading thing.
>>
By breaking from Rome, the English monarch's rule over the Church in England could be established completely. No more interference of censure from Rome for the Kings political/religious actions. Essentially it removed an external secondary power in the realm which could challenge the kings authority.
>>
>was fucking around with anyone who happened to be handy.

Well, no--just one person before her marriage and possibly one after, although the evidence is muddled and quite honestly when you look at the records, largely exaggerated. She had a previous relationship with Francis Derehem, but this stopped well before she was married to Henry VIII. She admitted to this relationship, though she denied that they were pre-contracted, even though this would have saved her life.

Her relationship with Thomas Culpepper is contested. Or at least, contested today, now that more archival records are being made available for the first time or are at least being studied with a more critical eye.
>>
>>875583
How did they record this?
>>
>>875583
Gotta admit, hes not ayran
>>
>>875717
kek
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.