[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Esperanto
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1416106356345.jpg (47 KB, 410x380) Image search: [Google]
1416106356345.jpg
47 KB, 410x380
I'm out of the loop. Has this idea been abandoned? Are people still trying to make it happen? What does /his/ think?

Why is starting a language over from scratch considered a good idea? If you want an neutered, unchanging language can't you just learn French? How is it efficient for two people to each master a third language instead of studying each others and meeting halfway, if not simply asking one to accommodate for the other?

Even besides that, doesn't Esperanto take almost every part of grammer and structure from existing European languages, hence nullifying the idea of the language as some sort of "easily mastered by anyone" language of equality?

What's the appeal?
>>
File: language-stats.png (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
language-stats.png
16 KB, 500x500
>>875350
>What's the appeal?

Pic related.

Esperanto is the product of pure buttautism.
>>
>>875350
If I recall right, learning Esperanto is really fucking easy.
>>
>>875350
Even more confusingly, there are several rivals for Esperanto and no one really knows which language will become the standard in the end (if ever.) Esperanto is the one most people heard of (even if they've never heard it spoken), but a single marketing campaign could turn that around.

On the flip side, Esperanto has official divine approval from a Japanese deity, so if you're a weeb it's an easy choice.
>>
>>875408
>Esperanto has official divine approval from a Japanese deity
What?
>>
>>875414
Probably Emperor Akihito-chan-sama
>>
>>875435
No, it was just some run of the mill new age religious cult.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oomoto
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.