[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you'll never serve under the greatest general of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: mongol.jpg (127 KB, 540x622) Image search: [Google]
mongol.jpg
127 KB, 540x622
>tfw you'll never serve under the greatest general of all time, Subutai, and BTFO the entire of Russia with a mere scouting force despite being betrayed, starved and half frozen

anyone else know this feel?
>>
Do you think Subutai and friends would have taken the HRE if Ögedei hadn't died and all the Khan's had to pull back to hold a kurultai to elect a new Khagan?
>>
>>874892
Yes.
>>
>>874892
probably
>>
>>874892
undoubtedly
>>
I'd rather not be starved and half frozen

I prefer curling up in a warm bed under a thick wool blanket while reading a good book t b h f a m
>>
>>874892
No, the territory doesn't support it.
>>
>>875120
They dealt with worse in China and easily adapted to any hardship, they would have just captured and enlisted enough European locals to adapt like they did with the Chinese. That's what made the Mongols so good.

Also they managed to operate in the DESERT and Russia in WINTER. Western and southern mainland Europe would have been no problem.
>>
>By late 1241, Subutai was discussing plans to invade the Holy Roman Empire, when news came of the death of Ögedei Khan. Over the objections of Subutai, the Mongol Princes withdrew the army to Mongolia for the election of a new Great Khan. The death of Ögedei effectively put an end to the Mongol invasion of Europe.
>tfw
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.