[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Jesus a mushroom?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
Was Jesus a mushroom?
>>
>>874786

so is this book any good? Is it suggesting that Jesus was just an hallucination from a mushroom? Or is it just trying to demonstrate a connection between two religious traditions?
>>
>>874786
Lenin was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI_CSKSshWg
>>
>>874795
/thread
>>
>>874902
>hour long video
>in russian
>no subtitles
>on American image board
For what purpose?
>>
I actually bought this book on the subject cuz the concept was so shocking

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mushroom-Christian-Art-Christianity/dp/1556439601
He references OP's book.

Let me outright say the book sucks. The most convincing evidense he has is that art on the cover, the other pictures referenced are considerable worst. The theory is that a secret order of priests understood the religion through hallugenic mushrooms, this was a special secret club which he insists exists but gives zero evidence for. He believes the secret mushroom priestclub would insert hidden images of mushrooms in art. He poors over dozens of pages and is basically doing the equivelent of looking up at the clouds and seeing shapes. Only a handful of the things he swears are secret mushrooms even remotely resemble the shape.

There are also very, well let's just say creative, interpretation of Christian rituals and stories. For instance baptism is supposed to represent washing the mushrooms. Jesus dies on a piece on a a piece of wood and ressurects in the same way that mushrooms appear on rotting wood and rise up.

While he did convince me that some people saw Jesus on mushrooms no real evidense was given that it was a wide spread phenomena.
>>
>>875039

is there any better book on the history of the use of drugs by Christian priests or monks for religious purposes?
>>
>>874984
this
>>
File: 6000 yr old swaspepe.jpg (33 KB, 640x587) Image search: [Google]
6000 yr old swaspepe.jpg
33 KB, 640x587
>>874786
Go to bed ghost of mckenna your too spooky to be up this late
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.