[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys know any good historical documentarys you can recomend me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: ladda ned.jpg (9 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned.jpg
9 KB, 234x215
Do you guys know any good historical documentarys you can recomend me?
>>
simon schama history of britain
>>
Honestly, I know they're regarded as sort of dreary cliches by now, but Ken Burns is the arch-documentarian for a reason. He owns.
>>
The Greatest Story Never Told
>>
Anyone got good documentaries on pre-historic people? Cave-dwellers n shit?

Also any good docus on Pre-columbian american civilizations? Bouth south- and north-american.
>>
how about checking the archive
>>
File: René_Descartes.jpg (240 KB, 480x301) Image search: [Google]
René_Descartes.jpg
240 KB, 480x301
>>873582
could you provide a link to it?
>>
>>873475
here's, from the previous thread, a good classic about decolonization in africa

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2f3rig
>>
>>873475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUEN1ZuDSMg
>>
>>873475

You posted the image right there dude. Just watch the History Channel, they got tons of great documentaries.
>>
>>873582
he did, 'documentarys' was oddly absent.
>>
File: History 1.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
History 1.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>873475
This is probably the least bias WW2 documentary I've ever seen. It covers nearly every major front extensively, it is throughout, and Robert Powell's voice is so soothing it's not even fair. However he can put you to sleep.
>>
>>875018
The show was good overall, but imo it would be so much better if they just showed the actual footage. The weird colorized/hd thing looks so unnatural.
>>
>>873475
I watched this a couple of years back, there's like 8 hrs of content here if you have time to kill. Kings and Queens of England 1-8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PfoYkgoBZQ
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.