[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what happened to these motherfuckers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 2000px-Map_Hittite_rule_en.svg.png (536 KB, 2000x1263) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Map_Hittite_rule_en.svg.png
536 KB, 2000x1263
So what happened to these motherfuckers?
>>
File: armoland.png (3 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
armoland.png
3 KB, 1200x600
>>87329
Became these motherfuckers.
>>
>>87453
No, armeni. You are once Hurrians, NOT Hittites.

The Hittites (and other Anatolians) became Turks, of course.
Well, they were Hellenised earlier, and of course they diversified when their empire (and kingdoms) fell in Late Bronze Age collapse.
But yeah they're all Turks now.
(Ugarit is Antioch isn't it?)
>>
>>87490
They didn't exist in any distinguishable form when you came around Mehmet

I'd like to know what actually happened to them
>>
>Alashiya
>Kizzuwatna
>Malatya

WE WUZ KINGZ
>>
They got raped by Mongols and turned to Durks.
>>
>>87519
In order
Hatti/Hurrians (pre-IE Anatolians)
>2500BC Assyrian colonies
>2000BC Hittites
1500BC Mitanni, Aryans
1200BC Trojan War
1100BC collapse
1000BC Neo-Hittites, Assyrian domination
600BC Lydian Empire in the West, Media? in the East (probably Assyrian)
500BC Persia
300BC Alexandros
--> Diadochi, Hellenisation
70BC Pontus, Mithradates VI the Great
50BC Roman Asia
--> Romanisation
700AD (after loss of Syria and Egypt and Europe (to the Slavs)) - Theme system in Anatolia
1070 - Manzikert
--> Turkification

Also I'm not a Turk, but my ancestor was Ionian.
>>
They were Assyrian migrants, right?
>>
>>87588
No, Assyrians were Akkadians, Semites (Arab and Jews cousins)

Hittites as far as we know, are the cousins of Greeks, so Indo_European
>>
>>87519
if turks replaced them why don't modern turks from turkey look mongoloid?
>>
>>89739
Because they didn't just teleport from Mongolia to Anatolia, they (mostly men) traveled across Central Asia over the span of several hundred years.

Aren't Turks also pretty closely related to modern Persians? Sure a lot of Turks are also Greco-Romans and other natives who converted to Islam.

But its like saying the Welsh aren't the decedents of the Druids, the English are, even though culturally the English see themselves as the invading Germanic peoples and Normans.
>>
>>87329
>Ahhiyawa

What the fuck kind of shit map is this, OP?
Ahhiyawa is a direct Hittite translation of the word 'Achaea'. It wasn't on the Ionian coast - it was literally Greece.

Hittite records even say that you needed to travel there by boat. Although admittedly, the Mycenaeans did have at least a few joint settlements in the area your map calls 'Ahhiyawa', like Ephesus and Miletus.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.