[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How were the Seljuks able to just steam roll through the Middle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Seljuk_Empire_locator_map.png (98 KB, 800x488) Image search: [Google]
Seljuk_Empire_locator_map.png
98 KB, 800x488
How were the Seljuks able to just steam roll through the Middle East like they did?
>>
Nomads desu
>>
>>872923
Abbassids were declining, there were numerous breakway principalaities, emirates, and nation-states of the Iranians that already refused to acknowledged the suzervanity of the Caliphate. Also in the background of the early Crusades, wars with the Byzantine Empire, and declining military and political standing, the Turks were able to rampage through the lands and become a major power.

Still at least a couple of those at least Iranian states like the Qarinvands, Bavands, and Paduspanids managed to retain some form of autonomy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghurid_dynasty

So I'd disagree on the whole "steamroll" thing.
>>
>>873020
This
The Buyids and the Fatimids weakened the Abbasids and balkanized the Middle East
The Abbasids actually welcomed the Seljuks due to the Fact that they were Sunni unlike the Shia Buyids
>>
>>873020
yeah, stemroll might not have been the best wording for it, expansion would have probably have been more accurate.
>>
>>872923
Nevermind the Seljuks, I still can't believe the Macedonian Empire happened.
>>
File: Seljuk Sipahi.jpg (324 KB, 1008x1505) Image search: [Google]
Seljuk Sipahi.jpg
324 KB, 1008x1505
>>872923
What >>873020
>>873043
Said.

Also this one: TURKS IN THE ABBASID ARMY. Abbasids were hiring Mamluks by the boatload as the Arabs weren't interested in fighting for their shit no more.
>>
>>873087
>Karamanids I'm Sultanate of Rum
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.