[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What ever happened to keeping the 4th commandment? Why don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 41.jpg (11 KB, 245x205) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
11 KB, 245x205
What ever happened to keeping the 4th commandment? Why don't Christians keep the Sabbath like Jews and where did Sunday come into play? Iirc even Jesus kept the Sabbath barring some miracles
>>
NEWSFLASH: Christcucks cherrypick what to believe and follow.

More breaking news at 11.
>>
>>872438
The Emperor Constantine the Great decreed that Sunday would be the new Sabbath for all religions in line with his worship of the Sun. Christians have never undone that decree.
>>
>>872450
>>872450
>>872450
>>
>>872451
Okay but even with that they still disregard 90%of what the commandment says about not working and keeping the day holy. When did breaking rules become normal? The puritans would put you in stocks for that kind of flagrant disregard for the holy day
>>
>>872467

Because Paul. The answer is always because Paul because he wanted to get all those gentiles into the church instead of being restricted to just Jews (who had a tendency not to listen to him)
It's the same reason they don't circumcise and eat pork. Even the Puritans had a radically different notion of what constituted Sabbath observance than 1st century Judeans.
>>
>>872438
>even Jesus kept the Sabbath barring some miracles

lmao kid
>>
>>872474
Pretty much this.

Paul's Christianity broke tradition in just about every way he could.
>>
>>872450
lol if I were a layman I'd believe that too, but I am a layman
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.