[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have to get my purse, could you please look after these 3 legions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: cptfXax.jpg (377 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
cptfXax.jpg
377 KB, 1919x1079
I have to get my purse, could you please look after these 3 legions while i am gone?
>>
lol imagine them if they knew what pokemon was
>>
>>872179
Oh my look at these Eagles.
>>
Why does R2 look like ass and cardboard for me? what mod is that anon?
>>
Sorry, I seem to have lost them.

T. Quinctillius Varus
>>
File: Romebox.jpg (21 KB, 246x352) Image search: [Google]
Romebox.jpg
21 KB, 246x352
>posting Rome 2
>not posting glorious Rome 1

Degenerates like you belong on a cross.
>>
>>872214
>Pikemen own everything, the game
>>
>>872214
>muh nostalgia
>muh rose colored glasses

Rome 1 wasn't even that good famalam, not to mention Medieval total war was 10 times better.

t. Hardcore ETW/NTW fan
>>
>>872214
>>872191
I just googled a picture.
>>
GIVE ME BACK MY EAGLES
>>
>>872179
>tfw surrounding enemy factions and killing all captives
>Demands for surrender turn into pleas for peace and offers of money
>Make preposterous peace offer- massive amounts of money and turn into client state
>Proceed to still raze them to the ground and kill all captives
>Repeat

The same hammer and anvil tactic works in every battle. Once you unlock praetorian cavalry and legionaries you just have 6 of the former and 8 of the latter, then fill the rest with ranged units/artillery and you literally can't be stopped. Looking forward to a Macedon playthrough next
>>
>>872221
Not him, but RTW is fun shit though. Charges are OP. I remember 'site of great battle' appearing in the strategy map. Quite an achievement. Didn't get that in MTW, though I miss MTW's auto-collect prisoners mechanics.
>>
Attila is quite literally the best TW game
>>
>>872221
>not to mention Medieval total war was 10 times better.

That fucking pope, tho. Just about to finally crush an enemy, when "THIS MAY RESULT IN EXCOMMUNICATION".
>>
>>872367
I've got several places like that in M2
>>
>>872385
crusades were my favorite part though. Loved getting random missions in far away places to invade and conquer, then either trying like mad to establish a foothold or trading it to someone for a huge boost in diplomacy, only to see it revolt and be reconquered in 5 turns because the AI is dogshit with public opinion or insurrection
>>
>>872221
Rome 1 is still great. Medieval is also great. And Rome 2 is also great. Played them all to death.
>>
>>872402
>>872367
I was just memeing at him, I love RTW don't get me wrong but it's just not my favorite out of the series.

>>872385
>fucking timurids
>>
>>872367
Playing on medium
>>
File: 1438431734774.jpg (38 KB, 604x579) Image search: [Google]
1438431734774.jpg
38 KB, 604x579
>>872215
>be small garrison against whole army of germanic pikemen
>1 horse unit, 1 infantry unit, 2 skirmish units
>cheeky niggers slowly approaching my walls in phalanx
>sally forth and manage to destroy them all with skirmishers because of shitty armor and slow speed
git gud
>>
>>872179

Fuck...help
>>
Win every battle by building nothing but phalanx and stretching them out into two lines and layering. The AI in RTW is retarded
>>
>>872402
It took 2 years of major patches and dozens of dollars worth of DLC to make Rome 2 remotely enjoyable.

That game is fucked beyond the aesthetics
>>
>>872381
I really enjoy the horde and escalation mechanics but fuck the towers in sieges
>>
Patrician Class: R1 Europa Barbarorum and M2 Stainless Steel
>>
>>873000
M2 Europa Barbarorum is dope too, just waiting for their 2.2 update.
>>
>>872191
Stop having such a shitty computer.
>>
>>872191
it's called the options menu
>>
>>872221
>Medieval the best

Are you talking about Medieval 2? That is the slowest, most sluggish entry in the series. Rome 1 is the best because it is by far the most fast paced in the series.
>>
>>874348
>the fastest is the best
t. mark "muh waifu" antony
>>
>>873016

2.1 just dropped a couple of months ago. It'll probably be a year or more until 2.2

That said EB 2 is probably the best mod I have ever played for any total war, period.
>>
>>872186

?
>>
>>872186
gotta love autistic posts like this
>>
File: Etruscan.png (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Etruscan.png
3 MB, 1600x900
Rome's a shit
>>
>>872205
Give them back.

t. Caesar
>>
>>875573
lol no backsies
>>
>>875587
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>872487
YOU HAD ONE JJOB
>>
>>875331
Etruscan scum, go bugger your slave boys
>>
>>872221
Empire is literally the worst entry in the series, napolean was only slightly better
>>
>>874796
I read on their forums that they are planning to release 2.2 in 1 or 2 months at most. They were actually testing it IIRC and it shouldn't take that long. I abondoned my Carthaginian campaign because there will be reforms and new units for Carthage in 2.2.

Also I totally agree, definitely the best mod:
>>
File: fASQc6B.jpg (699 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fASQc6B.jpg
699 KB, 1920x1080
Did someone say phalanx? I think you meant FOOT COMPANIONS!
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.