[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christians of /his, if a man invented a perfectly intelligent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: fragezeichenmc3b6dchen.jpg (111 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fragezeichenmc3b6dchen.jpg
111 KB, 500x500
Christians of /his, if a man invented a perfectly intelligent and conscious robot would the man be the god of the robot or would god be the god of the robot?
>>
>>871758
God would still be God because he created the man.
>>
>>871762
But man created the robot.

Also robots don't have souls so it's not like the robot would have any connection to god other than being made by someone who was made by god.
>>
>>871766
God is omnipresent. Everything has a connection to God.
>>
>>871772
That's not what I mean. I mean the robot wouldn't go get to heaven or really have any reason to see god as the robot-god. Whereas it would make sense for a robot to be afraid of whoever programmed it in the same way humans are supposed to be afraid of god.
>>
>>871758
Could we baptize the robot if it was sentient enough?
>>
>>871796
I think that would be bad for the robot.
>>
>>871758
Man isn't even perfectly intelligent and conscious and doesn't even have a solid understanding of either, so what makes you think that could be designed when so called level 5 civilizations don't even have perfection?
>>
>>871810
It's a hypothetical question. For all we know now AI that advanced may as well be magic. But that's besides the point.
>>
>>871827
Then in a hypothetically perfect example of the point you want to make, everything is anything and man's robot god would be a perfect robot as man was robot, but then god man of the robot whose man god was a robot that perfectly manned god's robot.
>>
>>871857
>everything is anything
You can imagine any kind of hypothetical scenario possible but in OP's scenario the situation is just a robot has been invented with intelligence comparable to a humans.
>>
>>871929
No, it hypothetically had perfect intelligence and consciousness.
>>
File: Legion's_posse.png (4 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Legion's_posse.png
4 MB, 2560x1440
>>871758
It's like our parents are our gods, since they created us.
No, the whole God-humans-rest of creation relationship still exists.
But we would be their creators, and everything that flows from that.
>>
>>871758
No, the Robot becomes the God of Man and then we all go to hell at this point.
>>
>>871758
ONEE SAMA
>>
>>871942
Humans being the current standard for perfect intelligence and consciousness.
>>
>>871957
Yeah but they didn't create you abiogenetically.
>>
Since machine's wouldn't be burdened by original sin they wouldn't need to fear God. But they would have every reason to fear man.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.