[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There has been something on my mind that despite the insurmountable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: two-face.jpg (143 KB, 837x1200) Image search: [Google]
two-face.jpg
143 KB, 837x1200
There has been something on my mind that despite the insurmountable effort that I have spent digging and personal conversation that I cannot come to a satisfactory equilibrium to, that being on the detailed aspect of the physical & psychological extent of an "evil" mind, now to clarify this topics definition of evil: self driven, psychologically vicious, without compassion or remorse, manipulative to the extreme and understandably and completely outside of the constraints of any societal morality. Most of the results I have found (so far) have lead to a chemical imbalance or a harsh upbringing, to which I digress in the fact that I personally exemplify the aforementioned despite having a very colorful and positive childhood and possess no 'imbalance' as far as various medical screenings have proven.

Even if it is just philosophical banter that can be provided it could still prove to be insightful and it is impossible that I am alone in this search, so please, devulge.
>>
If I get what you mean, then I think the lack of the ability to empathise as shown by severe psychopaths is why that aspect of society holds no value for them, only 'thrilling' and personally beneficial situations seem to motivate them.
>>
>>871573
is this you OP?
>>
>>871586
Oh and to add, my understanding is that sociopaths are more related to environmental factors, while psycopaths are more genetic. Do you enjoy emotional conflict?

>>871600
I've read things suggesting that this is close to 1-100, eg autism frequency. And on 4chan obviously it's more prevalent than the general public.
>>
>>871610
Also love of manipulating plebs
>>
>>871573
envy is the basis of evil.
to hate the good of others, to want to destroy the good of others, and to recoil at your own
>>
>>871573
Jesus Motherfucking Christ, get over yourself.

Either conform, or grow some balls and go for a high score. Either way, shut up.
>>
>>871586
From a personal perspective I am inclined to agree on the personal benefit scenario instilling a 'thrill' but that is not exclusive to my type of person, in regards to society holding no value I can say that society is extremely beneficial in that with the various systems of mind and beliefs that people -tend- to follow leaves them open to a vast array of exploitation as does government and state. Overall instead of no value I would suggest an utter detatchment in order to freely gain and benefit myself without the weight of morality.
>>
>>871616
I disagree, the 'good' that is displayed by a said person, wether it is mask their true intent or genuine can still yield an opportunity.
>>
>>871631
>an utter detatchment

Well personally that's something I would agree with. Just not edgy conclusions.
>>
>>871620
The conform you talk about is entirely necessary to fit in with the rest, what is a wolf without a sheeps clothing in a field of sheep? A dumb wolf..
>>
>>871610
>Emotional conflict
This is an excellent question, I do greatly enjoy conflict in all regards to civil dispute to war, to me conflict is the mother of all invention be they of thought or material and as such it intrigues me to witness i as it brings out some serious latent potential in people, now if you were to ask would I intentionally start a dispute of varying magnitude then I would say if it proves beneficial, which usually entails a very long running scheme.
>>
>>871666
One of my closest friends has actually discussed his sociopathy with me, he's not a bad guy. but is manipulative (when he can). The lack of morality seems to provide a cleaner window into the motivations/influence people have, but I do disagree with the conclusions on what should be done, as what works temporarily isn't necessarily the best plan for long term solutions, including ecological sustainability. But depending on how you look at things the conditions for future generations may hold absolutely no concern for you.
>>
>>871649
Could you tip any harder?
>>
>>871666
Also nice digits, do you think you have some form of OCD? I mention this because it seems familiar, also do you know MBTI, ENFJ or ENTJ?

> mother of all invention be they of thought or material and as such it intrigues me to witness i as it brings out some serious latent potential in people
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>871692
You are right that the lack of an attatchment can grant a higher clarity and the assumption of the disregard of the consequences of said endeavours, so long as the aftereffects do not directly effect me in a negative impact, however it should be noted that a would-be simple manipulation does not occur without a heavy consideration into the vast web of effect that will follow, I actually have a mental graph so to speak as instead of any physical copy can be considered a loose end, and experience has taught that anything has the potential to haunt you unless literally every reasonable to even draconian step is taken to prevent it from doing so, exercising this will render any idea similar to the aspect of karma completely archaic.
>>
>>871573
>>871631
>>871642
>>871649
>>871666
>>871723
just stop
>>
>>871712
I'm not quite sure, as to the others you have mentioned I have not heard of them, could you explain them?
>>
>>871730
Why?
>>
>>871731
It's a bit hard to explain, and a more intuitive thing, Look into MBTI (just google it, it's a personality thing, if not the two I mentioned i'd guess INTJ). What you were saying seemed to reflect some of the less selfish aspects that I've understood.

Here's one test, don't just look at a single one though
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
>>
If you're <18 you're just a teenager going through the special snowflake ASPD teenager phase.

If you're older than 18 then you need to capitalize on the fact that you aren't fucking retarded like the other 99% of people with ASPD and make some serious dosh. People like you make the best criminals.
>>
>>871756
>make some serious dosh. People like you make the best criminals.

This is were they go wrong though, and literally the only thing wrong with people like this, fuck people, animals are innocent, value the environment over temporary personal satisfaction.
>>
>>871756
I'm honored to hear that as I am going on the age of twenty four
>>871747
The website provided pegged me for the INFJ variant, read throught the extensive judgement of the test I can say that some were spot on however those spot on assuptions pertain to the human psyche as a whole with a large number of them not fitting at all, an interesting tes however given it's creation in 1910 I believe it should be professionally improved upon with the insights of a modern mind.
>>
>>871779
I got INTP, the tragedy is that it's a soft science rather than a hard science.

Good luck though anon.
>>
>>871776
I do share your love fo animals, especially dogs, loyalty is a rare thing take it from me, however the environment is a doomed thing as it stands, bringing empathy to it as if it carried a human sentience is unnecessary.
>>
>>871790
I've got a degree in Ecology and it's always been my passion, but of course it has no sentience, there is no purpose to evolution, yet I still value the environment.
>>
>>871776
>fuck people, animals are innocent, value the environment over temporary personal satisfaction.
What? The only living things on earth that even remotely gives a shit about environment preservation are humans.

A bear doesn't give a single shit about murdering fish as they are trying to desperately have offspring.

A cat doesn't care for the mice it plays with before eating them.

Some creatures even rape to reproduce.

A tree doesn't care it denies sunlight to all plants underneath it.

Any living being that we know of given the opportunity will overpopulate its environment and completely dominate it.
>>
File: alignment.jpg (36 KB, 713x357) Image search: [Google]
alignment.jpg
36 KB, 713x357
>>871573
Normal people act on their impulses like serial killers, they just lack the same psychological problems so the result is laziness and mediocrity.

A theoretical evil person would stop being evil as soon as they realize that they gain nothing by going out of their way to cause suffering. The only reason they would continue to do so is if they follow some kind of evil religion or abstract philosophy that overrides their hedonism, but I have not seen one yet that is rational which means they are being evil unknowingly which does not tell us about their moral state.

mootnote: if stabbing people triggers an adrenaline rush that is something they gain from it, also they might gain in some areas and lose out in others or they might decide to gain something now and not care about the consequences later, but that is another discussion about the mechanics of what motivates people, by "they gain nothing" I mean they conclude it is a net loss for them in general

So, it is not possible for a human to be evil. You can only really argue that "neutral" is the true evil and that going out of your way to harm others is just another type evil, in which case the majority of the population is evil as well as all the animals that follow their base instincts.
>>
File: fluctuations.png (41 KB, 642x403) Image search: [Google]
fluctuations.png
41 KB, 642x403
>>871803
People have the opportunity to be acknowledge our biological and physical limits to population growth in terms of carrying capacity, other species do not, we seem to be ignoring the limits to the non renewable resource we have available.

My opinion is that ignorance is being encouraged.
>>
>>871811
the problem is we aren't teaching africa to use rubbers
>>
>>871819
It's much more complex than just this. Every continent(country) has it's own unique problems, and there is no one solution that fixes all problems.
>>
>>871803
That is an interesting observation anon.

Mankind's destruction is our gift, the liberation of life.
>>
>>871823
Unless our will is focused towards combating our current problems rather than potential philosophical dilemmas.
>>
>>871822
are you implying black people's dicks are too big?
>>
>>871828
Spooked?
>>
>>871825
It is impossible for philosophical thought to not intertwine unless you drive off of anmal instinct eg: Survival, the best thing currently that we as a race can do to bring about the continuity of the perpetuation that is nature is to destroy ourselves, but before taking that to heart, remember that our higher intelligence allows us to make that decision, henceforth why should pity be shown to a construct that would not provide it to us in return? It is beneath humanknd to show pity to somethng beneath us unless a function is provided.
>>
File: guatemalanfarmerwithgmcorn.jpg (78 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
guatemalanfarmerwithgmcorn.jpg
78 KB, 540x405
>>871823
Humans are the best thing to happen to the world, we will replace things like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMG-LWyNcAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rl69LWbevI

With neat fields of GM crops free from disease or insects. There is no logical argument against this.
>>
>>871836
I agree, regarding the side effect of GMO being cancer allegedly i feel it is absolutely necessary to separate the genetically strong from the weak, as we do with nature itself even if I was personally afflicted I would still stand by my belief.
>>
>>871840
GMO is a meme and fear being used for manipulation.

>what it domestication and artificial selection.
>>
>>871840
The goal is to escape the forces of natural selection, to control nature. If you want us to be "genetically strong", then we can control our genetics too.

Humans are part of a paradigm shift from evolution towards artificial creation.
>>871861
feel free to create your own glofish through selective breeding

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GloFish
>>
>>871876
Such an elevation should be reserved by thosevwith the ability to naturally overcome, not out of a reasonable belief, but to pay homage to the ebb and flow that is the irony of life, don't you think?
>>
>>871879
no, why not adopt some other unreasonable belief like stapling your balls to the floor to prove to yourself you can take the pain
>>
>>871776
>the only thing wrong with people like this, fuck people, animals are innocent, value the environment over temporary personal satisfaction.
Where have I said anything about hurting animals or the environment? I don't even understand why you quoted me, I can't even call it a straw man anymore.

>>871779
>I am going on the age of twenty four
And how have you put your gift to use?
>>
>>871886
Because that's fucking retarded and not even equal by comparison.
>>
File: 700451-kenshiro...jpg (349 KB, 1603x1202) Image search: [Google]
700451-kenshiro...jpg
349 KB, 1603x1202
The savages and the tyrants will not win, OP. They will never possess ultimate satisfaction. The truly righteous style shall always overcome the half-baked philosophies of those who walk over others to get what they want.

Even the potency of one's art is determined by their capacity for emotion. Power born of "weakness" is the purely chaotic element in the games played by ambitious fools. The meek truly inherit the Earth.
>>
>>871969
A lack of emotion was never attributed in any of my statements, on the contrary I would say that my existence thrives off the ambiguous emotions that are exhibited and even passionate in my musings, however do not confuse my opportunism with weakness as I do not tolerate any form of mental fault within myself, as to referring to my post as a half baked philosophy is a misunderstanding, to me it is the only function that flows naturally to me, I've many insufferable soul searching stories that I can attest however we'll save those for another day.
>>
>>871969
As to if "the meek will inherit the Earth" has yet to be seen, so to speak.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.