[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We pretend like we're 14 and have just discovered history.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: Middle-Sschool-Clip-Art.jpg (54 KB, 359x404) Image search: [Google]
Middle-Sschool-Clip-Art.jpg
54 KB, 359x404
ITT: We pretend like we're 14 and have just discovered history. I'll start.

Don't you guys think that the collapse of the Roman Empire was the worst thing to happen to Europe? If it wasn't for those uncivilised barbarians, we could be living in space by now. Also, fuck Christianity.
>>
When do we learn about Japan??
>>
FUCKING BRITS RUIN EVERYTHING!
>>
Italy was in world war 2?
>>
My favorite part of history is learning about the middle ages, with King Aurthur and his knights. I heard that the dragons from the stories were actually dinosaurs that hadn't died out yet, and I freaked out because that would actually explain everything! There couldn't possibly be millions of stories about dragons from that time period if they didn't see SOMETHING, right?

I'm not sure i want to move on from medieval history to christopher columbus though.
>>
File: 14586335293841782405908.jpg (159 KB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
14586335293841782405908.jpg
159 KB, 4128x2322
Idk why but i feel like humanity took a turn for the worst when we started technology. Its going to kill us
>>
Viking berserker are so Cool!
>>
You all had terrible schools or were dumb kids.
Anyway.

MORE MAPS! I Need more maps! I want a map for every hour of the first hundred days of the blitz!
>>
>>871447
8/10

>>871450
2/10

>>871454
9/10

>>871458
10/10, would report you as underage

>>871459
7/10

>>871460
8/10

>>871464
10/10, clearly deeply connected to childhood
>>
Did anybody else get taught that Abraham Lincoln was on a fucking wooden raft as a child and saw slaves and swore to himself that he'd grow up to abolish slavery?

They literally conflated Abraham Lincoln and Huckleberry Finn during my impressionable years. America.
>>
>>871464
>MORE MAPS! I Need more maps! I want a map for every hour of the first hundred days of the blitz!

22 and I haven't outgrown this
I own so many historical atlases that I wonder what I'm doing with my life
>>
>>871454
No, it was just America vs Germany and Japan and I think Russia helped?
>>
>>871478
Same, but since then I've come to realise you need more than just maps. You also need context for what those maps are showing.
>>
>>871482
I know America worked with Europe a little bit too.
>>
>>871444
>Joan of Ark won the Hundreds Years War
>There was three kind of people in the middle age : Nobles, Clergymen and Peasants
>Athens were the good guy, Sparta the bad guys (but cooler).
>Vikings
>>
>>871644
>nobles, clergymen and peasants

Oh God this. Even on this board you've got morons who think that peasant and commoner are synonyms.
>>
>>871444
Why do i have to learn abou people who have been dead for hundreds od years. They should be teaching us something useful like doing our taxes -.-'
>>
>>871696
10/10
>>
>>871444
why learn about history its allways written by the winners
>>
Man the French sure are dumb trying to invade us when they've failed for the last 1000 years
>>
Why don't we make all of our house out of wattle and daub it's just so easy to build and solves the housing crisis
>>
History is racist! We shouldn't teach parts of it because it will offend people!
>>
The Holocaust happened
>>
>>872881
Why did the British kill native Americans they were just peaceful horse riders that lived off the land
>>
>>871458
Ah, I remember reading the whole chronicle of King Arthur during grade 4
>>
I kind of remember this

It was Lincolns cherry tree
>>
>>871696
These kids pissed me off to no end.
>>
File: Autism.jpg (7 KB, 192x185) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
7 KB, 192x185
>>871458
>I heard that the dragons from the stories were actually dinosaurs that hadn't died out yet
>I actually believed this when I was 8
>>
>>871444
if babylon hadn't collapsed we'd be living in space right now
if egypt hadn't collapse we'd be living in space right now
>space exploration has nothing to do with people who glorified space in all of their architecture and religion
>>
mussolini?
>>
>>874608
This. If you don't like school, fuck off and live like a middle school drop out.
>>
>>874724
I did not knew that women that holes in their vaginas until I was 14. I believed their were like Barbies.
>>
>>872884
>/pol/ unironically believes this
>>
>>872881
No 14 year old kid has ever said this.
>>
>If Hitler and Napoleon hadn't invaded in the winter, they could've beaten Russia
>the USSR beat Germany with human waves
>The VIKINGS discovered America, not Columbus. Bet you didn't know that, huh?
>Man, just think, if Gavrilo Princip hadn't gone to get a sandwich World War I would have never happened
>horseshoe theory
>>
If religion had never existed, we would be exploring the galaxy right now.
>>
>>874941
0/10
>>
>Wow, Hitler wasn't even that bad of a guy. He was a vegetarian and animal lover.

t. Reddit (so basically 14 years old)
>>
>>874924
Maybe not where you grew up, but trust me, this happens in the Bay Area
>>
>>874962
I mean, how bad could he have been? He killed Hitler, after all
>>
>>875057
Most 14 year olds I knew loved being racist and every other kind of socially unacceptable "ist" for the sake of edginess.

Then again I grew up in the south.
>>
>>875060
Yeah, but dude, he also killed the hero who killed Hitler. That's pretty messed up.
>>
the nazis were horrible people. i can't believe they killed 100000000000 gorrillian people. Did you know Hitler was Jewish? He also did meth and coke Daily
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.