[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Historical Arguements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 397x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 397x600
>Classical empires had a lack of money and fought wars for gold and other capital.
>Rome won by turning human beings into money

>Western civilization had a lack of energy and fought wars for energy
>Britian won by turning rocks into energy

>Mesopotamian Civilization had a lack of land and fought wars for land
>Persia won by turning desert into land.

Find a flaw in my logic.
>>
>>871086
>Wealthy empires had a lot of money
No shit Sherlock.
>>
Learn to spell first.
>>
>>871107
arguement (plural arguements)

Obsolete form of argument.
>>871097
Where did I say that?
>>
>rocks into energy

What
>>
>>871135
Coal m8.
>>
>>871086
I get where you're going with this, and it's not terrible. Dominant superpowers emerge by rendering old conflicts moot, rather than winning at them. Add to the pile:

>Europe fights wars by trying to secure stategic positioning.
>America won by being outside of strategic positioning.
>>
There is no such thing as "Latin America," the geographical, cultural, ethnic, etc. makeups of the countries south of the U.S. in the new world are too diverse in their particular histories and structures for this label to be accurate.
>>
Let's take this one for example:

>Western civilization had a lack of energy and fought wars for energy
>Britian won by turning rocks into energy

You got that the wrong way around. The West wasn't fighting over energy until after the Industrial Revolution, and because of it. Britain had already won in 1815 when it took down France. Though I don't see on what basis you can single out Britain seeing as its period of dominance lasted barely more than a century, making it the shortest such period out of over a thousand years of Western history.
>>
The agglomeration of states called the Holy Roman Empire was neither holy nor Roman nor an empire
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.