[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is philosophy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1458619945376.png (680 KB, 721x481) Image search: [Google]
1458619945376.png
680 KB, 721x481
From the time I've spent here I've come to understand that many anons don't seem to truly understand a single thing about the topic resulting in many uninformed posts. It is for this reason I have taken it upon myself to start a video series for the purpose of educating wayward anons.

I'm open to any criticism and simply want more quality discussion on this board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpF5bZMB43E [Embed]
>>
Philosophy = trolling + erudition
>>
File: stefan.jpg (237 KB, 598x792) Image search: [Google]
stefan.jpg
237 KB, 598x792
>>870958
Your pad is nice, and you seem like a decent guy, but you've got a Nu-male look about you. Grow your hair out or lose the beard, IMO.

Good job otherwise.
>>
It's interesting that just about all of the questions you give as examples of philosophical questions would be considered as analytic, given that the philosophy discussed on this board (and /lit/) is almost always continental.
>>
File: aXm358xjU.jpg (96 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
aXm358xjU.jpg
96 KB, 650x650
Philosophy is essentially opinion. How one sees the world. It's the purest form of meaning, that meaning which one invents for themselves.
>>
>whether these beliefs are valid
>beliefs
>valid

LOL just LOL
>>
genius
>>
Perhaps you know this, but you come across as dour and smug. It's unappealing.
>>
>>871022
Are you retarded or something.
>>
>>871230
>Are you retarded or something.
>something.
>.

LOL just LOL.

Do you know how 'valid' is used in philosophy?
>>
>>870958
stop shilling your shitty series

kill yourself and enjoy the ban
>>
>>871238
So what are you laughing at?
His invalid use of it?

good job
>>
>>871248
His misuse of it. Do you know how 'valid' is used in philosophy?
>>
>>871251
Sure, it's used in deductive logic.
Again: What are you laughing at?
>>
>>871256
His misuse of it. Beliefs are not apt to be valid or invalid.
>>
>>871268
nice belief bro
>>
>>871269
Right, it's a true belief.
>>
>>871272
kk
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.