[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ww2 alternative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 513x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 513x640
Switch the landmass of Germany and America in ww2 are arrange the surrounding countries to fit around them. America starts ww2 in Germanys place as a part of the axis alliance. Could America in Germanys place have won ww2?
>>
>>870729
Like their history? Do they have the same officer corps as Germany?
>>
>>870729

Wait, I just want to get my head wrapped around this concept: You want to basically cram the United States's industry and population in 1930s-40s Germany and have them lash out on a spree of attacks instead of what Germany actually had?
>>
>>870764
I want the whole U.S Land mass to be where Germany is the the German land mass to be where America in and for all the other countries to form around them. America would still use American supplies and weapons and have their own military. They would just basically want to take over Europe like Hermany did and would have all the allies the Germans had. They would hate Jews as well.
>>
is it the resources of the U.S. in Germany or the U.S. and all of its officers and military as a axis power
>>
>>870785
Sry about those grammar errors. Wasn't paying attention.
>>
>>870786
Imagine the whole U.S. Landmass where Germany is all the surrounding countries form around it.
>>
>>870792
They still use American supplies and weapons and the Population is American not German because it's literally America put where Germany is. The only difference is America with the same allies Germany had would try and take over Europe instead of Germany.
>>
>>870792
>>870785

You would have a totally different lead up, hell, probably a different WW1 as well, if you just crammed the U.S. where Germany was historically.

And you can't have a more or less historical start: In September of 1939, the U.S.'s land army was smaller than tiny fucking Portugal's. They'd never attack Poland or bully czechoslovakia without building up something bigger.

So if we assume that it's a historical September 1939 except that the U.S. has built up as big of a force as Germany historically had, except with American equipment and training than German stuff?

Slow gains in Poland, but still probably crushing them before the snow flies. No blitz in France in 1940, but America builds and keeps building, swelling huger every year. They'd be building even faster than they did historically, since they'd be on a war footing sooner. I imagine from 1942 or so, they'd have enough force in place to simply smother the French.

On the water, things go very badly for Britain, very, very quickly. Germany gave them enough trouble historically with a surface fleet of about 1/9th of Britain's gross tonnage and a bunch of u-boats. The Americans start with a fleet that displaces as much as the British does, and arguably better ship for ship. And they can churn out more boats a hell of a lot faster than the British do. German plans to starve out Britain were more fancy than reality; the Americans really could do it.

I imagine that by the time France is battered under, Britain has been brought to heel as well, and America has hegemony over Europe.
>>
>>870797
Oh yea Germany would be part of the Allies in Americas place and they'd enter the war when America did if it lasted that long.
>>
>>870832
Hawaii and Alsaka are islands next to Britain.
>>
Does this make sense to anyone else
>>
>>871167
It's really not that hard to understand annon just read it carefully. What exactly don't you get?
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 500x406
>>871167
I'll explain this easy mode.
Remove the whole countries that are Germany and America from the globe and swap places with each other. Germany would be too small to fit where America is and America would be to big to fit where Germany is which is why it's said after the swap the surrounding countries would basically just form around them. Basically Europe would be bigger and North America would be smaller after the swap. Now that America and its people are where Germany once were at that time period what if they tried to take over Europe in Germanys place with the same allies Germany had.
>America same land mass but where Germany is
>America is now Axis
>Americans still use American weapons and tactics
>Germany is now Allied forces
>Alaska and Hawaii are islands next to Britain and are still U.S.
>U.S. Builds war Machine and starts the war the same way Germans did and have the same hate for Jews.
>Germany enters the war on Allied side at the same time the America did if the war even lasts that long in this situation.
>>
>>870825
You think Hawaii and Alaska would be able to hold out by themselves from Britain before Mainland America is able to Make it across Europe to help them? I'd Imagine the weather in Alaska would be a lot warmer next to Britain so the population would be bigger and it's probably where a lot of the U.S. Navy would be stationed.
>>
>>871308
Why would Hawai and Alaska even be American? Chances are they would be part of Britain.
>>
>>871330
in this alternative history they are still American. America has all its land.
>>
>>871308

Why would they even matter? They're not exactly centers of population or industry, and in this weird hybrid geography, they're not really strategically vital.

Not to mention that the U.S. isn't going to be stupid enough to station their fleet somewhere a decapitation strike can smash it to pieces, nor is Britain likely to be able to throw something like that down, what with them being equally tonned and shit at CVP warfare.
>>
>>871340
The weather in Alaska would be warm and a lot of Americans would live there if it was where it is in this alternative history. Mainland America would probably try and protect the Hawaii and Alaskan citizens as fast as possible if there wasn't a heavy military presence there already.
>>
>>871340
And if they were in fact there they would be very important strategically because it would allow them to basically attack Europe from both sides.
>>
File: 1413236144698.jpg (44 KB, 375x411) Image search: [Google]
1413236144698.jpg
44 KB, 375x411
countries aren't fucking pokemon you can't just tell who would win in a fight if it was X fighting Y instead of Y fighting Z.
>>
>>871351
wow you must be a genius annon! Why don't you just give your opinion on how this war might turn out instead of comparing things to Pokemon. You don't need to give a definitive answer like yes/no.
>>
>>871347

The continental U.S. is something like 22 times the size of Germany. You'd already fuck the climate to hell and back by superimposing the U.S. where Germany used to be. Quite honestly, making climate predictions is even more asinine than making military predictions.

And I doubt that mainland America would be too concerned about the population of their colonies, which is what Hawaii and Alaska still were back then. You didn't see a rush to protect places like the Philippines or Guam either. Hell, historically, Hawaii was viewed as a center of probably disloyal Japanese "citizens".
>>
>>871351
Hate to burst your bubble annon but you can't do that in Pokemon either because all Pokemon are trained different and have different attacks but you can make an educated guess which is something to seem to not be able to do.
>>
>>871358
Well you don't seem to realize that Alaska would be prime weather to live in and would probably have a huge population of it were next to Britain. Dont bring the climate into this btw it's just a what if question. Just pretend the climate is the same.
>>
>>871363
And by the same I mean the same for the area of the globe each country is in before I get a smart ass remark.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 960x697) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 960x697
I'm pretty sure America would bring Europe to its knees. Russia as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (506 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
506 KB, 1280x960
>>
>>872449
what does it mean by "resident evil"? which game is it referencing?
>>
>>870729
Of all the ww2 alt-histories posted since this board came up, this is, without a doubt, the stupidest.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.