[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Akhenaten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: Akhenaten.jpg (387 KB, 680x1024) Image search: [Google]
Akhenaten.jpg
387 KB, 680x1024
>Disavowed all established gods of ancient Egypt
>Made up his own god
>Started a "high tech" monotheistic religion
>Moved the established capital from Thebes to Amarna, a desert shithole
>After his death, his name and likeness was stricken from all temples and monuments
>His son ends up changing his name to avoid association

Most based Pharaoh
>>
File: akhenaten2.jpg (20 KB, 480x245) Image search: [Google]
akhenaten2.jpg
20 KB, 480x245
>>
File: Gilgamesh (1).jpg (65 KB, 620x1000) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh (1).jpg
65 KB, 620x1000
Not the best early historical ruler though
>>
File: Meritaten.jpg (4 MB, 3250x5097) Image search: [Google]
Meritaten.jpg
4 MB, 3250x5097
He completely fucked everything up, neglected foreign diplomacy, allowed the empire to crumble, and undermined the 18th dynasty (which ended soon after him).

But I fucking love him anyway. He has to be the single most interesting person from the Bronze Age, and the Amarna period's art is top-notch shit.
>>
The opera is excellent.
>>
his son was forced to name change by the high priests
>>
File: KV55_scull.jpg (105 KB, 529x518) Image search: [Google]
KV55_scull.jpg
105 KB, 529x518
>>868429
>>868452
The interesting thing is that we have what is quite likely Akhenaten's skull, and it looks relatively normal.
>>
File: mc15.gif (61 KB, 462x239) Image search: [Google]
mc15.gif
61 KB, 462x239
>>868492
I mean, he and his mother do seem to be pretty important.
>>
>>868492
>>868498
How is this related to Egypt you shitlicker
>>
>>868452
Probably not, though there definitely were a few dynasties that had darker skin
>>
>>868498

I like how Chick can't resist the dig at Catholicism in his tract about Babylonian paganism.
>>
Akhenaten let the kingdom fall into chaos and neglect because he was too busy and obsessed in promoting his Aten worship.

He's what I imagine a /his/ user would turn out to be like if he were granted the ability to be a king or emperor: probably neglect his domain because he was too busy trying to enforce meme-based ideas (/pol/-tier or /x/-tier or /int/-tier crap).
>>
>>868429
Akhenaten always reminds me of an autistic /his/torian who tried to create a most euphoric civilization only to get btfo'd by reality.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ5QleN03DU

You know you fucked up in life when some guys from South Carolina write a death metal song about how much of a punk ass bitch you were thousands of years later.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
12 KB, 259x194
WE
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.