[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently I was bored and wanted to watch a documentary on England.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Recently I was bored and wanted to watch a documentary on England. So I started watching pic related and find it to be great. I know it is trying to push a narrative of >muh anglo-saxons and >muh rule of consent but I enjoy it nevertheless.
So are there any other documentaries like this out there? Especially ones that don't trigger people with a history degree every 2 minutes. Maybe there is even an essential chart or something.

Please keep History Channel and Guido Knopp/ZDF-history tier docs out of this threat.
>>
>>867106
>thread
Fuck me I need to go to sleep.
>>
bumpidy
>>
"China: A Century of Revolution" is pretty comfy
>>
>>868192
Ah yes and it's even on PtP.
Thanks mate! Comfy is what I am looking for I guess.
>>
Is he right about the Anglo-Saxon kingdom being the most advanced state in Europe before the n̶o̶r̶m̶i̶e̶s̶ normans ruined everything?
>>
>>868530
He doesn't say they ruined everything but they didn't add anything to it.
>>
>>867106
Not strictly England-related, but I've been thoroughly enjoying Kenneth Clark's Civilization series recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpPNbI6GcxI&list=PLt3Pke412qVciCdn0jVjBquUNS4ClEVYa
>>
>>869602
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpPNbI6GcxI&list=PLt3Pke412qVciCdn0jVjBquUNS4ClEVYa
Yepp, that's a good one but I watched it already. Also the documentaries don't have to be England related. Sorry for the confusion.
>>
>>867106

What is this documentary m8?
>>
File: BBC Civilisation.jpg (122 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
BBC Civilisation.jpg
122 KB, 460x288
BBC's Civilisation obviously, in case you don't know it.
>>
>>871951
lel hadn't seen the previous posts, never mind.
>>
>look up David Starkey
>working class
>English nationalist
>Quaker
>rabidly anti-Catholic
>homosexual

This is going to be one of those "England pure strong 14/88 Anglo-Saxon Germanic, not a drop of filthy French mud blood" kind of things, isn't it.
>>
>>871981
No it isn't and your ad hominems are weak.
>>
>>871985
I listed his opinions and beliefs and made a guess that his documentary would probably reflect them. I don't think you know what an ad hominem is.
>>
>>871991
>working class
>homosexual
>opinions and beliefs
>>
>>871981
Shit with that kind of bias wouldn't even get funding or be released over here.
>>
>>867106

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNpXwpYAahg

OP, I have to warn you, it is against the law in many countries to invoke David Starkey's name without posting this video in the same topic
>>
File: 1457705108270.jpg (74 KB, 480x383) Image search: [Google]
1457705108270.jpg
74 KB, 480x383
>>872182
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNpXwpYAahg
Sorry I am too busy to watch a video in shit quality from some who unironically uses the term "SJW" in the title. Also I did not invoke his name.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.