[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
British Isles were fun before the dirty Germans mucked it up.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
British Isles were fun before the dirty Germans mucked it up. Aruthurian cycle, Lebor Gabála Érenn & Míl Espáine, the Fiannaíocht.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>866756
>Germans
>>
>>866767
>>
>>866781
Does that look like Germany to you
>>
>>866793
>Saxons suddenly aren't German
>>
>>866797
>You are still a stupid little Germanophile bitch
>>
Myrddin Wyllt (Welsh "Myrddin the Wild") is a figure in medieval Welsh legend. A prophet and a madman, he was introduced into Arthurian legend by Geoffrey of Monmouth as Merlin the wizard, associated with the town of Carmarthen in South Wales. In Middle Welsh poetry he is accounted a chief bard, the speaker of several poems in The Black Book of Carmarthen and The Red Book of Hergest.

Myrddin's legend is rooted in history, for he is said to have gone mad after the Battle of Arfderydd in AD 573. Myrddin fled into the forest, lived with the animals and received the gift of prophecy.
>>
>>866797
>>866805

To be fair they coastline Saxons may have been speaking a language closer to dutch.
>>
>>866815
No, they spoke an Ingvaeonic language, like English and Frisian.
>>
Friendly reminder Ireland isn't British.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.