[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What it your position on capital punishment? Should it be banned?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 35452924_p0.jpg (508 KB, 1400x971) Image search: [Google]
35452924_p0.jpg
508 KB, 1400x971
What it your position on capital punishment? Should it be banned? What is best method?
>>
>>866716
>respecting right to life of people that don't respect others
Also why this light cavalaryman on OP pic wears armour on arms instead of legs? Aren't they more vulnerable since he is higher?
>>
>>866716
Fuck your topic that nigger has no leg armor as cavalry what the fuck
>>
>>866861
kek there could have been a shortage.
That or he wants to be faster on his horse or even in foot on foot combat once his steed is spooked to the ground.
>>
>>866864
Like seriously, why the fuck cuirassers started to drop their leg armour instead of arm armour, specially when melee weapons were becoming shorter and shorter. See 3/4 plate, half plate and quarter plate.
>>
Criminals must pay their debt to society with sweat or blood.
>>
>>866871
Even if there was a shortage ge should still prioritize legs over arms.
>faster on horse
How so?
>>
>>866716
>What it your position on capital punishment?
The cons outweigh the pros.
>Should it be banned?
Yes.
>What is best method?
Whatever costs less. Which I would imagine being the guilottine.
>>
>>866874
Its not like his death will directly benefit anyone. Death penalty can only prevent new crimes.
>>
>>866716
>>>/pol/
Not even memeing, this is literally just "talk about your political views"
>>
>>866883
Less armor == less weight
This soldier might be thinking of the probability of taking it to the ground, where he'd have the advantage. War was massively different back then, but that goes without saying.
>>
>>866716
>What is best method?
banishment
>>
I...is that guy wearing a fucking t-shirt? I'm all for the capital punishment of the fag that drew this.
>>
>>866872
You can't drop arm armor because your forearm is exposed when you attack with your sword/pick. They dropped leg armor because firearms become the maon danger and noone is gonna aim to your leg with a gun. Also if you're on a horse a leg injury is much less debilitating than any other injury.
About short weapons:remember that by the time leg armor is dropped, no infantryman is gonna do anything but square up when faced with cavalry, his sidearm is only used agaist other infantry.
>>
>>866896
>Less armor == less weight
But if you armoured this way, whole centre of mass is positioned higher and weight is placed worse over body.
>>
>>866913
total weight > cg on a horse
>>
File: 1458529721472.gif (272 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1458529721472.gif
272 KB, 500x281
>>866907
Thank you anon for explaining. Have a Karen for exchange.
>>
File: PQjJPj8.jpg (29 KB, 387x594) Image search: [Google]
PQjJPj8.jpg
29 KB, 387x594
>>866917

delete this
>>
>>866916
>write in a first post that horseman is thinking about being dismounted
>in a second post starts talking aboit mounted combat
And what the fuck is cg?
>>
>>866917
>Thank you anon for explaining.
Remember anon that I gave you just a very basic explanation, go and look it up further for yourself too.
>>
>>866926
>lighter horse == more stamina && less armor == lighter horse
claiming it's advantageous in both cases
C.G. stands for center of gravity
>>
>>866954
Its inly a couple of kilos m8. Horse don't even feel difference.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.