[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histo rical_rankings_of_Presid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: truman.jpg (160 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
truman.jpg
160 KB, 1200x630
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States#Scholar_survey_results

Do you agree with the general consensus of these surveys, /his/? Are there any presidents who are overrated or underrated?
>>
>>864967
>Obama
>Not in the bottom 10

Shit, biased rankings by liberals trying stroke their communist cocks. Obama has brought more shame and embarrassment to America than anyone since LBJ.
>>
>>865020
Le upvote friend xdddd
>>
>>865020
He's still president. You gotta wait for the Hindsight Bias to kick in.
>>
What makes Teddy Roosevelt a great president? I'm not judging him myself, but I'm genuinely curious since everytime it's brought up people just say stupid meme shit like "He was a badass" and "He wrestled with bears".
>>
>>865041
He tamed the robber barons that were out of control at the time
>>
>>865041
A fervent believer in the wonders of the outdoors, created many National Parks.
Spread American influence across the globe.
Modernized the American military.
He's not the best president ever, but he's far from the worst, and he just seems like a cool guy.
>>
>>864967
>Truman in top 10
>not organizing this list in tiers of "capable of surviving Nuremberg" and "incapable of surviving Nuremberg".
>>
File: 1457950504225.jpg (86 KB, 714x1074) Image search: [Google]
1457950504225.jpg
86 KB, 714x1074
>>865041
He basically put an end to the Gilded age which had most of the population as slaves basically. After him, monopolies were destroyed and smaller businesses began to thrive. People could control themselves and work reasonable hours.
>>865029
Quite the opposite. Reddit would down vote his comment out of sight. Maybe you should go there.
>>
>>865041
he was probably the greatest american to ever live
>>
I'd agree generally, with a few exceptions.

W.H. Harrison is underrated; his aggregate ranking at 39 implies that there were only four presidents who were *not* a positive influence on the country, as he did... nothing as president.

Washington is probably overrated. Wilson is overrated as fuck. Nixon and TR and underrated. JFK is overrated, so is Reagan. GWB is overrated, too.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.