[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So wiki says that 17 million (7.4 -9.5 million due to military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: pows.jpg (29 KB, 445x400) Image search: [Google]
pows.jpg
29 KB, 445x400
So wiki says that 17 million (7.4 -9.5 million due to military activity and war crimes) Soviet civilians perished during WWII, how did all these people die? The figure seems to be extremely considering that the Nazis didn't systematically persecute the Slavic population and that there wasn't much strategic bombing. What do you think?
>>
>>864455
>considering that the Nazis didn't systematically persecute the Slavic population
But they did
>>
>>864455
*extremely high
>>
>>864464

How do you define systematic persecution? I think the term applies to the persecution of Jews were they really tried to track down every individual. There was the Hunger plan which targeted the whole population, but it was soon replaced by meager rationing.
>>
>>864455
>the Nazis didn't systematically persecute the Slavic population
Oh boy, here we go.
>>
>>864575
Nice reply faggot
>>
>>864485
The Wehrmacht had no problem shooting up and raping entire villages in drunken rampages and justifying it by saying they were fighting against Judeo-Bolshevik slavic subhumans who didn't deserve to be protected by the laws of war.
>>
>>864485
Deporting forced labourers and working them to death is pretty systematic.

Forced labour deaths are a couple million. Starvation, cold and disease are another couple million. Siege of Leningrad is 1 million and if you add all the other major battles in cities you have another couple million.
>>
>>865324

I'm not sure but I don't think the Slavic forced laborers deported to Germany were worked to death, although their conditions were surely miserable.
>>
>>865451

Not him, but some 57% of Russian PoWs died in prison camps, and while I don't have raw numbers for slavic forced laborers, I can't see them doing too much better.
>>
File: canibales ucranianos can367x.jpg (73 KB, 656x416) Image search: [Google]
canibales ucranianos can367x.jpg
73 KB, 656x416
>>864455

The land Germany was able to occupy produced the majority of the USSR's foodstuffs, and the communal tractors used in farming were commandeered as tracked hauling vehicles for the military.

>The degree of damage to the Soviet Union’s economy and military productive capability caused by the German invasion was equivalent to the amount of damage the United States would have suffered if an invading power conquered the entire region from the east coast across the Mississippi River into the eastern Great Plains.

During the siege of Leningrad the starvation of the civilian population was deliberate.
>>
Stop using the word Slavic as a substitute for Soviet.
>>
>>865454
>>865454
>I can't see them doing too much better.

Yeah, I know about the POWs. Generally, most of the POWs starved to death in 1941/42. In the following years, their conditions got better as the Germans wanted to exploit their work force. Same thing applies to the civilian slave laborers; it wouldn't make sense economically to transport them to Germany and train them at their workplace just to starve them to death.
>>
>>865272
Citation needed
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.