[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most influential leader of Malta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Flag_of_Malta.svg.png (41 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Malta.svg.png
41 KB, 2000x1333
I know little of Maltese history but am interested to know which native person /his/ thinks was the most influential in shaping Maltese history. To put this post into context I am interested because i am currently working on a Civ 5 mod which adds Malta as a playable Civilization. My current choice for a leader would be Gerard Thom but am interested to hear what /his/ think.
>>
>>863814
It's probably to late but lucky for you i know my Maltese history. The island has had many leaders but direct leaders the top two would be these men one had the capital of the island named for him (Valette) and the other led the nation into freedom after no struggle and a polite talk with Britian.
La Valette https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Parisot_de_Valette
Dom Mintoff https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dom_Mintoff
>>
>>863814

Joseph Palermo, obviously.
>>
>>866273
This is hurtful to my eyes I mean Malta isn't much to look at but this was just mean.
>>
If you want the modern nation of Malta use Dom Mintoff he played a major role in the creation of a sovereign nation and turned Malta into a republic. off all the potential leaders Mintoff is Maltese and sought the general well being of his people after a failed attempt at joining Great Britian he distanced the island from them and rebuilt after it had be destroyed in WW2
>>
>>866273
>>866285

Is there a joke I'm not getting?
>>
>>866338

Joseph Palermo isn't a real man, he's a character from a gawdawful 80s movie called Final Justice.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.