[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If evil Demiurge created the world, shouldn't man strive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: sburdourge.jpg (12 KB, 209x255) Image search: [Google]
sburdourge.jpg
12 KB, 209x255
If evil Demiurge created the world, shouldn't man strive to do evil too?
>>
>>862627
What is the difference between a demiurge and a semiurge?
>>
File: green poll.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
green poll.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
shoo shoo, demiurge
>>
>>862631
The "demi" in demiourgos comes from demos, not hemi.
>>
>>862627
Because Gnosticism is retarded and is full of unnecessary shit that turns it from an otherwise respectable belief system into an excuse for edgy "spiritual" teenagers to blame everything on "le demiurge."

Just stick with Buddhism or Neoplatonism. Far more to the point without all this unnecessary creation myths.
>>
F-Fucking materialist!!!

Muh fantasy narrative
>>
>>862627
Demi=half
urge=maker

He created the physical part of the world! The mental part is the divine spark you dummy. The demiurge hates thinking.
>>
>>862690
>The demiurge hates thinking.

Well, so do I.
>>
>>862660
>what if Luke Skywalker is actually an evil oppressor and the Empire are the good guys? Wake up sheepol xDDD

That's how Gnosticism sounds to me.
>>
>>862703
It's probably more akin to "The Force is evil and by rejecting Light and Dark can you achieve freedom! XD"

Still retarded, either way.
>>
>>862703
Gnosticism is more like (in D&D terms):

Demiurge & friends = lawful evil
Aeons = chaotic neutral with slight good tendencies
True God = true neutral
>>
>>862690
>Demi=half
Demi=half is Latin. It's hemi in Greek.
Demiourgos comes from demos.

>>862703
Death Star was an inside job
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEPazLTGceI
>>
At least science fedoras still appreciate natural beauty or whatever as long as black science man walks them through it

Anyone who honestly thinks reality is evil is broken. Even Plotinus knew what try hard edgelords Gnostics are
>>
File: sticker,375x360.png (86 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
sticker,375x360.png
86 KB, 375x360
>>862751
>At least science fedoras still appreciate natural beauty or whatever as long as black science man walks them through it

How can you see anything better than utter despair in pic related?
>>
>>862751
>>862781
So far it looks like the only thing the Gnostics got right while the others couldn't was the idea that the world could end.

Plotinus, whoever wrote the Corpus Hermeticum and other authors are all convinced that there's no Ultimate Fate of the Universe awaiting the world.

Whether matter is evil is not my concern, but this universe is subject to some damn significant change whether we get a Heath Death or a Big Crunch.
>>
File: 2000px-Ouroboros-simple.svg.png (270 KB, 2000x1997) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Ouroboros-simple.svg.png
270 KB, 2000x1997
>>862789
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poincar%C3%A9_recurrence_theorem

Actually it turns out pagans were right.
>>
>>862781
How do you see despair in this at all?
>>
>>862627
I think it is more reasonable to see the world as corrupted, rather than made evil.
>>
>>862805
It says that all life will eventually die off and all human work will eventually be erased.
>>
>>862822
It will be transformed. Honestly, humanity has tried and failed to capture the beauty of nature and the cosmos. Plus, impending death gives meaningfulness to us and our works.
>>
>>862822
>It says that all life will eventually die off and all human work will eventually be erased.
In trillions and trillions and trillions of years. Every atom in your body at this second will have undergone radioactive decay (Yes, even the "stable" ones) before the "end" of the universe comes about.

This doesn't even get into the issue of "what is death" or "what is life", what it means to be "erased", and doesn't even touch on the question of "HOW will the universe end" or "is it possible to survive this ending somehow".

The end of the universe is something we as a species should be concerned about, but it should not be keeping you up at night or making you sad.
>>
>>862913
If none of my works ultimaterly matter, why shouldn't I just be egoistic hedonist?
>>
>>862932
Exactly. Unless you believe in an afterlife, then you should follow whatever code gets you a prime spot in the next world.
>>
>>862937
What is the difference?
>>
>>862932
If that's how you think, you already are an egoist.
>>
>>862627
The demiurge isn't evil, it's simply ignorant and imperfect.
>>
>>862800
>RAGNAROK CONFIRMED TRUE
>HINDUISM CONFIRMED FOR TRUE
>ETERNAL RECCURANCE WHEN?
>>
>>862822
It says your finite life is smack in the middle of a fuckhuge cosmic golden age.
>>
>>862822
With your attitude maybe
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.