[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most honorable clan and why is it shimazu? >first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: kagoshima.jpg (189 KB, 1000x919) Image search: [Google]
kagoshima.jpg
189 KB, 1000x919
What is the most honorable clan and why is it shimazu?

>first shoguns
>minamoto bloodline
>defeated the mongols
>fought very well in the sengoku jidai
>commited to honor in the battle of sekigahara after an ishida messanger disrespected the shimazu
>lead the imperial forces in the boshin war

How do other families even compete?
>>
And this was there sword style of choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnLNExI_uK4
>>
My history of East Asia teacher's surname is Shimazu. Do you think there is any chance she belongs to said clan?
>>
File: tokugawa iseato.jpg (20 KB, 304x224) Image search: [Google]
tokugawa iseato.jpg
20 KB, 304x224
>>1063241

You should first check out how the name is written in Japanese.

Sometimes names are spoken in the same way but written with different kanji.

I too had a Japanese friend back in college whose surname was Oda but his name was not written the same way as that of the legendary war lord (although he always used to say his grandmother was related to an actual Japanese princess or something).

Then look for ancestry and family tree. A lot of famous family trees can still be traced today, and many of the most important branches are well known to public.

Pic related would be the current Shogun should the Tokugawa restaure their domain.
>>
>>1063207

lol that screeching from the first guy.

Thousands of Japanese entered the arena to quietly watch men whack a stick with another stick while screaming at the top of their lungs.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 250x341) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 250x341
>>1063175
Easily Uesugi.

It's not every day your leader is refered to as a "the Dragon of Echigo" or "Bishmonten the God of War." He was revered by friend and for alike for as much for his unwavering sense of honor and holiness as much for copious lust for drink.

Judging that the fighters and dignitaries of this clan were Buddhist warrior monks, were led by a literal saint of Buddhism, and spent most of ther free time helping the poor and clearing out bandits, it's easy to see they take the cake.
>>
>>1063298
Uesugi Kenshin is the guy I'm talking about if you never heard of him.
>>
>>1063175
I beat shogun 2 with these guys. The whole game I didn't loot a single settlement. Good times.
>>
>>1063298
>no heritage
>vassal branch of yamanouchi
>never beat the retarded horseman who charged against entrenched matchlocks
>>
>>1063316
>Katsuyori and Shingen Takeda are the same guy
>>
>>1063298
>a literal saint of Buddhism
Well Kenshin could hardly be called a saint at the end of the day. But I want to believe that he was actually trying to be better than mot in terms of individual virtue.
His legacy through history has been a largely positive one AFAIK. The great criticism raised against him in the years after his death is how he never managed to stop falling for the Takeda bait and the 2 clans did nothing but fight each other over and over, instead of minding the big picture.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.